Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Feed the Dingles - let them know it's Christmas time...of course with the shower of half eaten pies, hot dogs & butties, cans, plastic bottles...

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chilli said:

 

I always thought it went something like this:

 

My old man said be a piggy fan

I said f*ck off, b*ll*cks, you're a c*nt

we'll take the Shoreham and all that's in it

we'll take the Shoreham in just one minute

with hatchets and hammers

axes and spanners

we'll show the b*stards how it's done

you'll never take The Limit

with the Wednesday fans in it

cos the BBC ran home

 

Doesn't ring a bell the The Limit and BBC bit, they didn't come into existence until the late 80s early 90s.

 

Always thought it started... 

 

My old man said be a Wednesday fan and don't Dilly Dally on the way...   

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
Link to post
Share on other sites

When we're not allowed to sing at games next season wearing a face mask.....

We're not singing anymore.....

We're not singing anymore :tango:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember once reading that a group of supporters connected to a non league club (think it might have been Gateshead) were singing "You're just a poor man's Evian" at an FA Cup qualifying match in Buxton.

 

lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Doesn't ring a bell the The Limit and BBC bit, they didn't come into existence until the late 80s early 90s.

 

Always thought it started... 

 

My old man said be a Wednesday fan and don't Dilly Dally on the way...   

 

That's when I first heard it; late 80s, early 90s.  I think part of the song (maybe all of it) is printed at the beginning of a chapter in the 'Flying with the OCS' book, which would also fit with the late 80s/early 90s timeline.

 

The line you've printed seems to be from much earlier (possibly 60s) when football chants seemed to much 'gentler' on the whole.  Maybe the one I can recount was based on your original chant and was updated to reflect the times (for some).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chilli said:

 

That's when I first heard it; late 80s, early 90s.  I think part of the song (maybe all of it) is printed at the beginning of a chapter in the 'Flying with the OCS' book, which would also fit with the late 80s/early 90s timeline.

 

The line you've printed seems to be from much earlier (possibly 60s) when football chants seemed to much 'gentler' on the whole.  Maybe the one I can recount was based on your original chant and was updated to reflect the times (for some).

 

All the different versions get mixed up in time in my memory. Someone will know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best chants are not the footie ones in my opinion. Some of the stuff that the England Barmy Army cricket fans come out with are absolutely mint. listening to them is often better than watching the cricket.

 

"One dog went to bed, went to bed with Shane Warne"

 

"He's got the sandpaper in his hand" (Steve Smith song).

 

The Johnny Bairstow song.

 

And loads of others.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

unfounded accusations always denied by him for legal reasons but

 

  Cheer up David pleat

Oh what can it mean

To be a

 Curb crawling b@@@@@@

 With a s@@t football team

 

  I'm not sure but I think he liked it , no it was me who laughed :ghoulguy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always loved-

 

QPR fans to the Lion Sleeps tonight

 

'Awinaway Awinaway Awinaway Awinaway

We're the Rangers the mighty Rangers we never winaway, 

We're the Rangers the mighty Rangers we never winaway, 

Awinaway Awinaway Awinaway Awinaway'

 

One that always makes me laugh.

'You're nothing special, we lose every week.'

 

This is what it's like being a football fan of a team that's not of the privileged top 4 or 5 premiership. 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

It's ridiculous that you can't accuse an innocent bloke of being a paedo without some bloody do-gooder getting in the way. 

 

I know, it's terrible, every time you want to say something a bit old-fashioned there's some flippin' straw man stopping you

Link to post
Share on other sites

To Peter Shilton after he'd been caught by the paparazzi on the town with another woman...

 

'Does your missus know you're here' (to We'll support you ever more')

 

Just after United sold Tony Agana

 

'Where's Agana gone, where's Agana gone' (to 'Chirpy-chirpy cheep cheep')

 

And of course

 

'He's like brick sh!thouse is Emerson Thom, Emerson Thom, Emerson Thom' (to Little Drummer Boy)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

To Peter Shilton after he'd been caught by the paparazzi on the town with another woman...

 

'Does your missus know you're here' (to We'll support you ever more')

 

Just after United sold Tony Agana

 

'Where's Agana gone, where's Agana gone' (to 'Chirpy-chirpy cheep cheep')

 

And of course

 

'He's like brick sh!thouse is Emerson Thom, Emerson Thom, Emerson Thom' (to Little Drummer Boy)

Sure it was 'Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina' non-stop for 30 minutes at the Baseball Ground.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Although I wanted Rangers to win, the video of Hibs fans singing this after the Cup Final is immense. Real spine tingler. So I agree.

 

The funniest I remember being sung to us was from Bristol City fans many years ago

I only read it in the Green un, as I like over 2.5k didn't get there due to the snow (our coach made it all the way to Prince of Wales Road and back in about 3 hours).

To the few hundred Wednesday fans who did manage to get there, as the snow continued to fall they chanted 

"One bed and Breakfast, there's only one bed and Breakfast, one bed and Breakfast" always amused me.

 

Our own funny ones that stick in my mind 

Are "she's got chlamydia" at Birmingham

And although a long time (and you had to be there) 

"We know, where you live, in them flats, in them flats" 

At the old Den.

 

 

Remember that song being sung at the Old Den when we drew 4-4 in the cup down there in about 91

 

Think the flats were behind the old terrace that ran the length of the pitch. Just remember us being caged in completely in one corner and the knuckle scrapers from Milwall still trying to get at us. Happy days!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...