Crowds for next season

20 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no away fans , about 1500 in each stand  & easy parking is a trip back to 70s which suits me just fine ........be interesting to see how the club decide how to allocate who goes .

Thankfully I wasn't around to witness the football we played in the 70's but I am led to believe it wasn't reyt good. As long as the standard of football isn't a trip back to the 70's I'm with you!

29 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no away fans , about 1500 in each stand  & easy parking is a trip back to 70s which suits me just fine ........be interesting to see how the club decide how to allocate who goes .

We’ll draw straws and the losers get to watch the match. 

Edited by dykwim
  • Haha 2

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Thankfully I wasn't around to witness the football we played in the 70's but I am led to believe it wasn't reyt good. As long as the standard of football isn't a trip back to the 70's I'm with you!

you were led right .......but it's brill with 8 -10k in the stadium  with every stand open ....rock  up at 2-30  park near the ground watch the game in comfort and back home at 5-30 for yer tea .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Did you watch us under Monk ?? We’re well on the way 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Surely Boris isn't that cruel to allow us back into Hillsbro. 

Someone would have to find the invisible PM first

Missing prime ministers aside though

A few questions come to mind when thinking about letting fans back in, its a logistical nightmare.

working on the assumption that early birds would be the first to be let back in

Me and my sidekick bought early bird season tickets, we don't live in the same household though..so how can we sit next to each other? If you space us out then that affects those around us who bought season tickets early...so at the side at the front and the back..... its pretty much going to be impossible to stay in our own seats.

even going with the one meter rule rather than 2, the row in front and behind is going to be left empty

Another thing, if you don't renew your season ticket or you ask for a refund on it...is that seat now available for general sale as and when seats are being sold again?

That's not any sort of dig at the club, but you can see the logistics are just like wow

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dot said:

That's not any sort of dig at the club, but you can see the logistics are just like wow

And you can bet 8000 will want a pizz at the same time.

And at full time everybody leaving together...

Oops scrub the last one, 75% will have foooked off at half time.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think standard last season was any better than seventies.

At least they bust a gut back then

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Serious question, if you bought a ST for the coming season back in Jan this year, will they offer the ifollow thing as part of the deal until crowds allowed in?

I expect so, although I’d prefer monetary refund. Some pubs show our games on iFollow so I’d just go to one of them if I fancy watching us.

19 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I expect so, although I’d prefer monetary refund. Some pubs show our games on iFollow so I’d just go to one of them if I fancy watching us.

Are pubs able to get a license to do this?   I thought it was prohibited.   

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Your lucky mate. I still have mental scars from watching Steve Burtenshaws team. 

You can guarantee the club will still report the figures including all the season ticket holders not in the ground like they did all of last season. :duntmatter:

Realistically a lot can happen between now and November - I hope life goes back to some sort of normality but I cannot see it until a viable cure or treatment is out there, add to that are the already stretched police going to want to attend these games. It could be a good time for EFL club to get their own match day policing without the boys in blue, it could work out cheaper and a lot less red tape.