Wigan reject Owls bid for Josh Windass

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Best part about this thread is that the one genuine ITK poster who has posted in it has been either ignored or lightly ridiculed. 

I reckon we could end up signing him for what they owe to Rangers. However, this would require DC to say he's happy to help out another club who are in trouble with the governing body. All those clubs who backed us should have given him a clue as to whether he should or not. Personally I'd try and get him as cheap as possible, not our fault they owe other clubs. Plenty of times we've been done over, I'm afraid I ran out of sympathy for any other team when Nick Parker was on the high court steps and other teams fans were laughing. Eff em. 

I suppose it depends on how much is owed to rangers and how much they save by removing his salary from the payroll. Although rangers will be preferred creditors as they are football creditors.....which itself is a disgrace

Maybe they could break even in a couple of months?

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

So we're potentially in a bidding war for Windass with Rangers and Boro.. The figure of 2 mil has been mentioned.

Am i the only one who think's Windass was wasteful in front of goal and is not worth 1 mil, let alone 2?

2 mill? lol

He’ll go for no more than 500k

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cookeh said:

So we're potentially in a bidding war for Windass with Rangers and Boro.. The figure of 2 mil has been mentioned.

Am i the only one who think's Windass was wasteful in front of goal and is not worth 1 mil, let alone 2?

Don't think anyone would pay £2m in the current financial climate with Wigans desperation. 

Player reportedly wants to come here, not sure he'd want to go back to Rangers and Boro not really a huge draw.

On 19/08/2020 at 17:15, King_Monkey said:

He’s already looked at houses in Sheffield. Low offer gone in and if Wigan don’t get a buyer by next week he goes for free.

He already lives in Shipley so it's not exactly like he would be commuting far anyway lol

Edited by Johnny Concrete

4 hours ago, striker said:

Don't think anyone would pay £2m in the current financial climate with Wigans desperation. 

Player reportedly wants to come here, not sure he'd want to go back to Rangers and Boro not really a huge draw.

Just had a quick scan down the list of confirmed transfers on the BBC website and Wigan have sold/loaned 9 nine players since the beginning of July.  Both Antonee Robinson (Fulham) and Kieffer Moore (Cardiff) are reported to have been sold for £2m each so, I agree, I don't see Windass coming anywhere near that bracket.

• Like 1