Wigan reject Owls bid for Josh Windass

Windass is not garbage , far from it , he’s just not the marquee 45k a week striker everyone thinks is going to come in 

Still want Tyler Walker 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

No I mean in terms of people thinking we'll get a squad ready for day 1 of the season. I still don't think people realise how much poo we are in. Too busy blaming the EFL.

Ah, I see.

Though I think the EFL are to blame and I am starting to think we will surprise a few, nothing like a bunch of fans and players fighting together against tyrants and wrongdoers. Together we are strong. We will make the "Crazy Gang" look like a University Challenge team.

This season will go down in history.

We will overcome adversity and rise like a phoenix from the bowels of hell.

Might struggle a bit to start though...🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I like Windass but is he a player we need now with it looking like we will sign Brown? Would money that we might spend of JW be better going towards someone else maybe? 

I think so mate. I think he plays slightly higher up the pitch and potentially wider. Both bring solid leg power into the team, that’s for sure.

Wigan Athletic went into admin 7 weeks ago.  If Monk wants Windass here for next season, then what the hell have we been doing for the last 2 months?

Windass would be an ok signing for most bottom-half clubs (plus the 3 newly promoted sides).  He will have plenty of possible buyers.

I'm all for the SWFC trying to get value for our money.  But with the new season starting in a fortnight, now isn't the time to try low-balling a fire-sale club for an coveted asset.

Windass will end up being transferred to one of our Championship rivals at this rate.  At which point, the usual DC sycophants will claim he's "shît anyway".

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Windass is not garbage , far from it , he’s just not the marquee 45k a week striker everyone thinks is going to come in 

Still want Tyler Walker 

But is he even a striker though?

Guest mrbluesky
13 hours ago, King_Monkey said:

He’s already looked at houses in Sheffield. Low offer gone in and if Wigan don’t get a buyer by next week he goes for free.

Rumoured player leaving-house up for sale

Rumoured player signing-looking for a house in Sheffield

:duntmatter: 

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Wigan Athletic went into admin 7 weeks ago.  If Monk wants Windass here for next season, then what the hell have we been doing for the last 2 months?

Windass would be an ok signing for most bottom-half clubs (plus the 3 newly promoted sides).  He will have plenty of possible buyers.

I'm all for the SWFC trying to get value for our money.  But with the new season starting in a fortnight, now isn't the time to try low-balling a fire-sale club for an coveted asset.

Windass will end up being transferred to one of our Championship rivals at this rate.  At which point, the usual DC sycophants will claim he's "shît anyway".

You ok?

Hope this gets done.

He always gives 100% and keeps on trying even if he's not having the best game. Our supply lines are looking much stronger with the pacey attacking players were signing and the positive attitude of Windass will get the other guys giving the same application of effort. 

• Like 2

Best part about this thread is that the one genuine ITK poster who has posted in it has been either ignored or lightly ridiculed. 

I reckon we could end up signing him for what they owe to Rangers. However, this would require DC to say he's happy to help out another club who are in trouble with the governing body. All those clubs who backed us should have given him a clue as to whether he should or not. Personally I'd try and get him as cheap as possible, not our fault they owe other clubs. Plenty of times we've been done over, I'm afraid I ran out of sympathy for any other team when Nick Parker was on the high court steps and other teams fans were laughing. Eff em. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I like Windass but is he a player we need now with it looking like we will sign Brown? Would money that we might spend of JW be better going towards someone else maybe? 

Why do you think we can't have JW and someone else as well...