Wigan reject Owls bid for Josh Windass

1 hour ago, Toadie said:

A blow for Wednesday's pursuit of Josh Windass, this. Other clubs circling on him.

Windass has a close relationship with James Beattie.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-bid-josh-windass-rejected-wigan-athletic-2947087

Great, now we can get on with looking for some new players, who might actually improve us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I would like us to sign him. He is experienced at this level and while not a worldbeater, seems motivated and has a goal in him.

We need bodies..think hes good enough,if we cant afford him we are looking at div 1

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

According to the Wigan end they still owe Rangers an instalment of £500K. My guess is we will have to offer them something around that.

I wouldnt begrudge that for Windass, but in their position Wigan maybe need to compromise.

It's a fine balancing act though, we're desperate for players, but each week that passes they are paying a wage they can't afford. 

13 minutes ago, striker said:

I wouldnt begrudge that for Windass, but in their position Wigan maybe need to compromise.

It's a fine balancing act though, we're desperate for players, but each week that passes they are paying a wage they can't afford. 

I think around £500K for Windass isn’t too bad. He’s someone who cost £2.5m a couple seasons ago and he’s a decent age. 

Seemingly they’ve turned down a few offers for Jamal Lowe as they owe Portsmouth £750k. 

• Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

This is a new low. The administrators of a club currently desperate for money, reject our offer. 

😂

For me a low is when tin pot teams Nick your players off you because you are skint. Stoke taking whelan and West Brom taking brunt was a low for me. And Burnley with grant. They may have done ok recently but they are tin pot clubs and it does my head in. Having bids rejected for players and getting punished for spending too much money is just an inconvenience. And better than we were in the late naughties!

Not sure this is something to worry about. We may have bid £150k and Wigan have rejected it so we all go back with a higher offer.  Even if we (somehow) had millions to spend but we shouldn’t be throwing it around, we would still need to haggle for every penny we can get off a purchase. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh, we struggled to get strikers in that were good enough when we were good and minted. What's changed?

No I mean in terms of people thinking we'll get a squad ready for day 1 of the season. I still don't think people realise how much poo we are in. Too busy blaming the EFL.

• Like 1