Korede Adedoyin

Guest hirstysfags

11 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Classic thread this.

this is a player who couldn’t even get on the bench of the mighty Hamilton. And has been released by Everton.

if you really think Garry monk is even going to have any idea about who this player is then please pass me the pipe you are smoking. 

A young chap called Harry Kane scored 0 goals at Norwich then went on to score 2 at Leicester. Not sure what he's up to now

:duntmatter:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

But we shouldn't be signing players because the manager happens to know them through a contact. Or at most that's one way to identify a potential player. But it's no way to evaluate him relative to other possible recruits. And it's certainly not what you'd want as the main way of identifying possibles. 

I agree completely, just not entirely sure what we are disagreeing about here.

On 18/08/2020 at 22:46, ozzieowl said:

Just watched two of his highlights. Yes I know anyone’s highlights look decent but this lad is quality. He’s obv only against young ens but has some skill n pace. 
A bit Joaoesque. 
exciting player. Defo get him in even if starts u23’s

I had a look too, he looks really skillful and up at Hamilton the younger players couldn’t get near him. Not sure why he didn’t play much for the first team, perhaps the end product is an issue. But he supposedly scored 2 for us today.

• Like 1

Development at best. Thats not based on seeing him just the logic of Everton releasing him. In the knowledge that Championship quality players can still attract high fee's you'd have to think they'd have kept him if they saw value in him. That being said, If we've been tracking him and feel he's worth a punt then I support that. 

Edited by Morepork

On 18/08/2020 at 22:46, Jakes Grandad said:

If we were playing with "lead the line forward" next season I think we would have kept Nuhiu and already be being linked with a Fletcher type replacement, looking at the players we are being linked with, imo the front 2 next season will be high energy forwards who can close down opponents defenders when they have the ball and when we are in possession be quick to run past defenders. Total change to when we had Fletcher up front.

God I hope so, sick of the “wang it to the big man up top” style 

• Like 1