Korede Adedoyin

Guest hirstysfags

Guest Bulgaria
51 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Chris Martin ?  I’d rather take chances on a few young lads than go signing journeymen on mega bucks 

He would be shiit hot at his initiation song though.

33 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

He as  a decent goals per game ratio not sure there's better on a free

Martin got 12 goals in 38 last season, not bad as probably not all 38 were starts.

However, the previous 2 seasons he scored 2 in 31 games and 2 in 39 games. You just know which version we would be getting! 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Just get the impression that we are going to send out a team of young uns who quite honestly would get murdered, I'm all for giving young ones a chance but its got to be done with experience all around them.

Yep, agree totally it needs a good blend of youth and experience, I guess I’m just being optimistic-could be the rum and cokes talking for me 😂

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Nowt wrong with a few Rum and Cokes, enjoy them, nor nowt wrong with being optimistic to much negativity around.   

I always find a rum and coke compliments roasted Great Dane.

We let vardy go city let brooks go it can happen? We gota keep trying to unearth gems? Think our scouting system been ignored for quite a few years? Teams like Brentford for example and Peterborough keep unearthing gems so the talent is out there? We still need some old heads aswell and I for one would take Martin as long as he doesn’t want mega bucks? Gona be one long season this one that’s for sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Can we sign some players that Yorkshiremen have got a hope of pronouncing please Wednesday?

Imagine all the old gits on their 5th pint arguing whether he had a good game or not.

A bloke at work still says Brannan... instead of Bannan and when we had Carlos it was such a joy hearing "cavalio" every week. 

Its a joy listening to the mispronounced names, makes me chuckle.

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

young hungry and free whats not to like about the lad ......jeez we've had enough threads asking for players like that . 

young and free yes, we don’t know if he’s hungry as you put it. Is he ready for Championship football that is the big question. His loan at Hamilton can’t have gone so well with him only making 1 app from the bench which isn’t a great sign. I would say he would or should be more for our development squad. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

54 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Rhodes?

Give over. I like Rhodes but after this length of time He isn't going to come good. I can't see him teaching the youngsters how to be a modern striker, he struggles in that respect himself.

I hate having to say that, I wanted him to do so well when he came here.

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

young and free yes, we don’t know if he’s hungry as you put it. Is he ready for Championship football that is the big question. His loan at Hamilton can’t have gone so well with him only making 1 app from the bench which isn’t a great sign. I would say he would or should be more for our development squad. 

but we are told by those who know  we need young  hungry players ......obviously we know if they are young but how do we know  if they are hungry ?......its a conundrum and i dont know the answer . 

22 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

A bloke at work still says Brannan... instead of Bannan and when we had Carlos it was such a joy hearing "cavalio" every week. 

Its a joy listening to the mispronounced names, makes me chuckle.

My mate always says Chansari.... drives me mad lol 

Guest hirstysfags
16 minutes ago, prowl said:

Give over. I like Rhodes but after this length of time He isn't going to come good. I can't see him teaching the youngsters how to be a modern striker, he struggles in that respect himself.

I hate having to say that, I wanted him to do so well when he came here.

I meant from the point of view he's our only experienced striker.