Korede Adedoyin

Guest hirstysfags

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is anyone concerned that Everton released him? Why would they do that?

Everton will have a glut of players not good enough for T10 Prem which might be sound for us. Finding their level. If he improves maybe make Everton regret releasing him!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The good thing with youth, is that they're more likely to be available for longer spells than older players.  Right there is a bonus.  I don't know what size squad we'll have this season, but I expect it won't be anywhere near like the numbers we've had previously.

Secondly, we've been crying out to find that "gem", well, there's only one way to do that and that is to take the risk.  It doesn't always work, in fact, it doesn't often work but that's the game.  

Thirdly, these players we are signing or are linked with are young, but they're not so young as to not know anything.  They have experience and know enough to know that they're not making it with their parent clubs at a higher level, so this is their opportunity to nail a position and carve out a career (if they are willing and capable).

I'm happy Wednesday are going down this road.  But they'll need that leadership on the field.  I still believe we're missing a captain.

We’ve been picking up players in their late teens dropped by other clubs for the last few years and none of them have become first team regulars. It’s nothing new. Fingers crossed this latest batch will be better. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We’ve been picking up players in their late teens dropped by other clubs for the last few years and none of them have become first team regulars. It’s nothing new. Fingers crossed this latest batch will be better. 

I might be being stupid but who are these teens that haven’t worked out 

45 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Only played one game while on loan at Hamilton. I’m all for us bringing in younger players but it’s a risk with how unproven they are. Going to need some sort of experience as well,  especially up top. He seems to me like another player we would sign for the development squad not the first team. 

This

14 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

We aren't all simple

Edited 13 minutes ago by MrEdwards

My apologies, it was a crass comment and a distorted view, based on nothing but a negative generalisation of football fans pissed up after a match.

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is anyone concerned that Everton released him? Why would they do that?

We released Vardy back in the day, they had their reasons but he turned out alright didn’t he?! Maybe if we signed this lad he may just turn out decent for us???

• Like 2

Had we gone down to League One then these sort of signings are less risky (like Dele-Bashiru and Simmonds) as they can cut their teeth in a less competitive league. Don’t have issues with signings like this but they will need some experience alongside them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Over the last few years we have had a few man city academy lads who have failed to make it and more from others club's

Are they usually a bit younger? 18-19 year olds I’d expect to be pushing for first team chances and I don’t recall too many of them despite the bleak Past few seasons just gone. 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fingers crossed but as  @rickygoo  has pointed out we sign these lads and then they disappear from sight.

Definitely fingers crossed, think some of these types of signings are worth a shot, especially in our current situation, hopefully it works out for both parties and it leads us to a better and brighter future!!! We can hope anyway!!!

Just now, moyaowl said:

Definitely fingers crossed, think some of these types of signings are worth a shot, especially in our current situation, hopefully it works out for both parties and it leads us to a better and brighter future!!! We can hope anyway!!!

Just get the impression that we are going to send out a team of young uns who quite honestly would get murdered, I'm all for giving young ones a chance but its got to be done with experience all around them.

• Like 2