Korede Adedoyin

Guest hirstysfags

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

we need someone with experience up top to go with the young lads imo. 

We have gone for experience and an old head. This is why we are in this mess. I'm sick of players coming for one last pay day. What's wrong with young confident players wanting to make a name for himself???

• Like 1

Our transfer strategy needs to be focused on a few things. One ensuring we have enough for a condensed 46 game season where we don't get relegated. Secondly a squad that is put together relatively cheaply to enable us to spend more in 21/22. Thirdly and more importantly we need to invest in players that will return an investment for us. For too long we have been snobby in our approach and held on to players past their peak selling point as we are Sheffield Wednesday. Unless we ever get back in the Premier League we need to accept until then that we are about developing and selling players as required to make us stronger. This lad must fall in this category. 

Edited by best77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

We have gone for experience and an old head. This is why we are in this mess. I'm sick of players coming for one last pay day. What's wrong with young confident players wanting to make a name for himself???

I like us going after the young players but imo we need to blend it with a bit of experience, this lad for example was on loan at Hamilton during last season, made 1 app from the bench and that was all. Is he going to be ready for Championship football? Same for Simmonds, we just don’t know. I hope we get them in but also hope we get someone to play the Fletcher role at the club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 4

The good thing with youth, is that they're more likely to be available for longer spells than older players.  Right there is a bonus.  I don't know what size squad we'll have this season, but I expect it won't be anywhere near like the numbers we've had previously.

Secondly, we've been crying out to find that "gem", well, there's only one way to do that and that is to take the risk.  It doesn't always work, in fact, it doesn't often work but that's the game.  

Thirdly, these players we are signing or are linked with are young, but they're not so young as to not know anything.  They have experience and know enough to know that they're not making it with their parent clubs at a higher level, so this is their opportunity to nail a position and carve out a career (if they are willing and capable).

I'm happy Wednesday are going down this road.  But they'll need that leadership on the field.  I still believe we're missing a captain.

42 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Can we sign some players that Yorkshiremen have got a hope of pronouncing please Wednesday?

Imagine all the old gits on their 5th pint arguing whether he had a good game or not.

We aren't all simple

Edited by MrEdwards