Garry Monk’s ambitious vision for Wednesday

Is there anything wrong with the fans knowing this vision. Unite us all. What is the plan? Playing style? Attitude, mentality, 

young, hungry, athletic, high intensity, hard working agreesive play? I just don’t know 

or sit back absorb pressure, hit on counter, technical football?

or see what happens and put a press conference together and blag it 

• Like 1

We've all had our visions, I guess.

People have always thought themselves capable of what, in reality, is beyond them.

For instance, years ago I used to play the trumpet in a jazz band.

People called me Humphrey Shyttleton.

Can't think why ...

BIGGSY.PNG

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2020 at 09:56, Anthndav said:

It literally could be anything from how GM sees us playing to a 3 year strategy, to what he wants overhauled in the canteen.

I don't get this obsession with feeling entitled to know. Isn't it between player and manager. Fans have to trust. We always have.

Did Big Ron or Trevor Francis speak to the fans about their vision for the club? 

Yes, Big Ron kept repeating we we had the potential to be a top six club. You could see what the vision of the style of play was, even when we were losing matches 3-2n and getting relegated. Even after relagation there was a belief the style of play would come good, with the right signings. Easy to believe in such a big name as Ron Atkinson at the time, as he'd done it before at Man Utd and West Brom.

Megson also made his vision clear for the club right from the off. Different style of play, different type of player, but he was clear to the fans what was wrong, and what would change. 

In all fairness to Monk, the contract situation last season put us right in the mire. He clearly inherited a very difficult situation compounded by FFP. If we had known the verdict sooner the end of last season would not have seemed so desperate. Additionally, his coaching team have only now arrived. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Good interview,  some cliches but the general feeling about Monk from inside the football world is he’s a good manager. Needs to get his team proving it on the pitch now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Does Garry Monk deserve ANY criticism ?

Post by 1964white » Mon May 08, 2017 8:43 am

One win in the last seven games, two in the last ten. Does he deserve any criticism for the way the season fell away?

From a Leeds forum.

Sounds familiar.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with that  one

Owlstalk Shop