Jump to content

Garry Monk’s ambitious vision for Wednesday


Recommended Posts

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/chey-dunkley-opens-wigan-saga-and-how-he-came-sign-massive-sheffield-wednesday-2945092

 

 Chey Dunkely believes in GMs vision for the club, sadly The Star report fails to mention what the vision actually is.

 

Can anyone enlighten me on what the vision is?  Serious question not interested in flippant posts (though I'm sure there will be).

 

Has anyone heard GM reveal his vision?  

 

Ambitious vision does sound pretty profound or have I just fallen for a soundbite? 

 

 

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

It literally could be anything from how GM sees us playing to a 3 year strategy, to what he wants overhauled in the canteen.

 

I don't get this obsession with feeling entitled to know. Isn't it between player and manager. Fans have to trust. We always have.

 

Did Big Ron or Trevor Francis speak to the fans about their vision for the club? 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/chey-dunkley-opens-wigan-saga-and-how-he-came-sign-massive-sheffield-wednesday-2945092

 

 Chey Dunkely believes in GMs vision for the club, sadly The Star report fails to mention what the vision actually is.

 

Can anyone enlighten me on what the vision is?  Serious question not interested in flippant posts (though I'm sure there will be).

 

Has anyone heard GM reveal his vision?  

 

Ambitious vision does sound pretty profound or have I just fallen for a soundbite? 

 

 

Most managers have an ambitious vision, but when that vision falls short of expectations under the harsh reality of the Championship or the constraints of the budget, the true vision of a manager is to survive the chop or switch to another team as soon as they fear the chop or a better offer comes along. Or did you mean a blend of hand picked, young, hungry, ambitious players mixed with experienced pros adopting a pressing game?

Sorry, I'm in ironic mode this morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

It literally could be anything from how GM sees us playing to a 3 year strategy, to what he wants overhauled in the canteen.

 

I don't get this obsession with feeling entitled to know. Isn't it between player and manager. Fans have to trust. We always have.

 

Did Big Ron or Trevor Francis speak to the fans about their vision for the club? 

 

Tricky wasn't going to rest until he brought the league title back to Hillsborough. That was a vision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he actually said 'Sheff Wed' then he needs to sort it out. Nobody says that do they? If the star are paraphrasing him put Wednesday instead please, Sheff Wed sounds rubbish. I know we are rubbish before anyone says owt. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Da Cruz is part of that vision Monk needs to be put in a padded room! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If he actually said 'Sheff Wed' then he needs to sort it out. Nobody says that do they? If the star are paraphrasing him put Wednesday instead please, Sheff Wed sounds rubbish. I know we are rubbish before anyone says owt. 

 

 

Better than Sheffield.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

It literally could be anything from how GM sees us playing to a 3 year strategy, to what he wants overhauled in the canteen.

 

I don't get this obsession with feeling entitled to know. Isn't it between player and manager. Fans have to trust. We always have.

 

Did Big Ron or Trevor Francis speak to the fans about their vision for the club? 

 

 

I don't feel entitled, if its important to the club to keep it within the club then I'm happy with that, I'm just being nosey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

It literally could be anything from how GM sees us playing to a 3 year strategy, to what he wants overhauled in the canteen.

 

I don't get this obsession with feeling entitled to know. Isn't it between player and manager. Fans have to trust. We always have.

 

Did Big Ron or Trevor Francis speak to the fans about their vision for the club? 

Hopefully Trevor Francis vision wasn't as  bad as it turned out - take a team near the the top of the pile and improving, and run with it but with no idea of how to maintain it so that it is on the downward curve when he gets the boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

A think an ambitious vision for us is something along the lines of winning some games :duntmatter:

 

Crazy talk Monkmanface

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

 

Tricky wasn't going to rest until he brought the league title back to Hillsborough. That was a vision. 

He was never going to do that, not good enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/chey-dunkley-opens-wigan-saga-and-how-he-came-sign-massive-sheffield-wednesday-2945092

 

 Chey Dunkely believes in GMs vision for the club, sadly The Star report fails to mention what the vision actually is.

 

Can anyone enlighten me on what the vision is?  Serious question not interested in flippant posts (though I'm sure there will be).

 

Has anyone heard GM reveal his vision?  

 

Ambitious vision does sound pretty profound or have I just fallen for a soundbite? 

 

 

I think we can glean what that vision is from the direction of our recruitment

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he needs to create a side similar to Stuart Gray did.
 

Get them solid, organised and hope we can pick up enough points to avoid the drop. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...