Garry Monk’s ambitious vision for Wednesday

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/chey-dunkley-opens-wigan-saga-and-how-he-came-sign-massive-sheffield-wednesday-2945092

Chey Dunkely believes in GMs vision for the club, sadly The Star report fails to mention what the vision actually is.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the vision is?  Serious question not interested in flippant posts (though I'm sure there will be).

Has anyone heard GM reveal his vision?  

Ambitious vision does sound pretty profound or have I just fallen for a soundbite? 

• Haha 6

It literally could be anything from how GM sees us playing to a 3 year strategy, to what he wants overhauled in the canteen.

I don't get this obsession with feeling entitled to know. Isn't it between player and manager. Fans have to trust. We always have.

Did Big Ron or Trevor Francis speak to the fans about their vision for the club? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/chey-dunkley-opens-wigan-saga-and-how-he-came-sign-massive-sheffield-wednesday-2945092

Chey Dunkely believes in GMs vision for the club, sadly The Star report fails to mention what the vision actually is.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the vision is?  Serious question not interested in flippant posts (though I'm sure there will be).

Ambitious vision does sound pretty profound or have I just fallen for a soundbite? 

Most managers have an ambitious vision, but when that vision falls short of expectations under the harsh reality of the Championship or the constraints of the budget, the true vision of a manager is to survive the chop or switch to another team as soon as they fear the chop or a better offer comes along. Or did you mean a blend of hand picked, young, hungry, ambitious players mixed with experienced pros adopting a pressing game?

Sorry, I'm in ironic mode this morning.

19 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

It literally could be anything from how GM sees us playing to a 3 year strategy, to what he wants overhauled in the canteen.

I don't get this obsession with feeling entitled to know. Isn't it between player and manager. Fans have to trust. We always have.

Did Big Ron or Trevor Francis speak to the fans about their vision for the club? 

Tricky wasn't going to rest until he brought the league title back to Hillsborough. That was a vision. 

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If he actually said 'Sheff Wed' then he needs to sort it out. Nobody says that do they? If the star are paraphrasing him put Wednesday instead please, Sheff Wed sounds rubbish. I know we are rubbish before anyone says owt. 

Better than Sheffield.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

I don't feel entitled, if its important to the club to keep it within the club then I'm happy with that, I'm just being nosey.

48 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Hopefully Trevor Francis vision wasn't as  bad as it turned out - take a team near the the top of the pile and improving, and run with it but with no idea of how to maintain it so that it is on the downward curve when he gets the boot.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I think we can glean what that vision is from the direction of our recruitment