Carabao Cup - First Round Draw Thread

8 hours ago, 1960Owl said:

I remember the game there in Jan 1977.  Went 1-0 up early doors, think it was Roger Wylde who scored and then we proceeded to get hammered 5-1.  The coach I was on then had most of the windows smashed  before leaving the town, making for a rather cold journey back to Sheffield.  Happy days!  

Wasn't that a replay of an earlier fixture that was abandoned due to a cloudburst?

42 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Those wanting Harrogate away need not worry. We'll be playing them in the league in a couple of years. 

Not if they pass us on the way we won't! lol

1 hour ago, PortlandOwl said:

Those wanting Harrogate away need not worry. We'll be playing them in the league in a couple of years. 

I wanted Harrogate away because it'd be a new ground, but then I remembered that there'd be no fans allowed in which would be annoying, but fortunately I then also remembered that they'll be playing their opening games at Doncaster anyway so I didn't care. 

10 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Back in the day remember some Walsall fans pinned in the corner of the Kop near the triangle and some Wednesdayites pointing at them and singing “We hate cockneys, we hate cockneys”.

That corner was the official away end  in the 70s  must have been  difficult getting them in the ground without anything kicking off

20 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I was there that day.

i remember Chris Turner being in the net.

luckily a good session in the boozer before the match (a copper pointed out the best pub to go to) eased the pain.

Our coach was fine.

Have a vague memory as a kid of going to Walsall in the late 70,s ad a kid and game abandoned at half time due to rain? Couldnt undetstand how a game stopped for rain, was this 1977 then?

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Have a vague memory as a kid of going to Walsall in the late 70,s ad a kid and game abandoned at half time due to rain? Couldnt undetstand how a game stopped for rain, was this 1977 then?

For about 10 years after that there was a song regularly sung at away matches. 

“We went to Walsall, we got wet, wo ho, wo ho”. 

“We went to Walsall, we got wet, the referee was a f***in get”

”Wo ho , wo ho, wo ho”. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 1960Owl said:

I remember the game there in Jan 1977.  Went 1-0 up early doors, think it was Roger Wylde who scored and then we proceeded to get hammered 5-1.  The coach I was on then had most of the windows smashed  before leaving the town, making for a rather cold journey back to Sheffield.  Happy days!  

Remember that well. Wasn't there also a massive crush on the terrace caused by police with dogs?

4 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

For about 10 years after that there was a song regularly sung at away matches. 

“We went to Walsall, we got wet, the referee was a f***in get”

”Wo ho , wo ho, wo ho”. 

Some reason just can't remember that song..