Carabao Cup - First Round Draw Thread

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Walsall is one of those places that I have no idea where it is. I think it's either near Birmingham or near Durham. I can't even be bothered to find out. I was the same with Peterborough, always thought it was North East but its not, no idea where it is other than a bit down south. 

Back in the day remember some Walsall fans pinned in the corner of the Kop near the triangle and some Wednesdayites pointing at them and singing “We hate cockneys, we hate cockneys”.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Back in the day remember some Walsall fans pinned in the corner of the Kop near the triangle and some Wednesdayites pointing at them and singing “We hate cockneys, we hate cockneys”.

See, that's lost on me. Are they cockneys? Geordies? Scousers? Smoggies? Dingles? Potters? 

I've no idea. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Walsall is one of those places that I have no idea where it is. I think it's either near Birmingham or near Durham. I can't even be bothered to find out. I was the same with Peterborough, always thought it was North East but its not, no idea where it is other than a bit down south. 

Yeah, Walsall is near Birmingham. Wallsend is in the North East.

Peterborough is East Midlands. East of Leicester.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Good away day for stopping off at Lichfield on way. 

Walsall wood is best place to stop..Lichfield interferes with yer phones and sat navs🥴

I remember the game there in Jan 1977.  Went 1-0 up early doors, think it was Roger Wylde who scored and then we proceeded to get hammered 5-1.  The coach I was on then had most of the windows smashed  before leaving the town, making for a rather cold journey back to Sheffield.  Happy days!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1960Owl said:

I remember the game there in Jan 1977.  Went 1-0 up early doors, think it was Roger Wylde who scored and then we proceeded to get hammered 5-1.  The coach I was on then had most of the windows smashed  before leaving the town, making for a rather cold journey back to Sheffield.  Happy days!  

And more recently, a Boxing Day, Ryan Lowe had put us 1-0 up.  At 90 minutes my friend left and waited in the car. When I joined him he was saying what a good win it was. I ruined his Xmas telling him they'd scored twice in injury time.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 1960Owl said:

I was there that day.

i remember Chris Turner being in the net.

luckily a good session in the boozer before the match (a copper pointed out the best pub to go to) eased the pain.

Our coach was fine.

7 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Typical that it is a ground I haven't been to when we can't attend.

Probably several in the same boat though.

Looks like a half decent compact stadium from the motorway.

Most of us have a shed about the same size I've heard!