Is It Time For PL2

12 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

With the shitshow that is the EFL destroying our league, is it time to take football in a new direction and introduce PL2.

Also what would be needed to make this happen.

Agree..i think there are or was several petitions ...

Right now, several clubs are not happy, for one reason or another.

Even our old mate Gibbo thinks they are.. err a shower of shyte.

• Like 3

Just now, Blue and white said:

I fail to see how anyone can say its not destroying the league, it clearly isn't fit for purpose.

Show me how the EFL is destroying the league, it's your accusation.  Show me how applying rules of the game is destroying it.  Remember the same rules also created the independence of the panel which found against the EFL on one charge.

This is Brexit all over again.  A load of people complaining about rules/laws that we helped create that we don't want applied to ourselves, so let's leave and create new rules where everything is great and in our favour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist

Let’s face it the vast majority of efl members don’t have a problem with the efl..we need to stop banging this drum

Guest gizowl
21 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Nope, it's not time.

Nor are the EFL destroying the league.

I think fans of Bury Macclesfield, Wigan etc. Will strongly disagree, all the EFL have done this season is put the boot in clubs while they are down. 

36 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

With the shitshow that is the EFL destroying our league, is it time to take football in a new direction and introduce PL2.

I take your point but isn’t that just kicking the can down the road, ie league one just suffers more? The problem seems to be the huge gap between the prem and us because of parachute money not sure replicating that one level down will help

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I think fans of Bury Macclesfield, Wigan etc. Will strongly disagree, all the EFL have done this season is put the boot in clubs while they are down. 

I'm glad you mentioned those three clubs.

Bury and Macclesfield couldn't take part in fixtures in the league because they couldn't pay wages and/or creditors.  That's against the rules.

Macclesfield also couldn't get a safety certificate for their stadium.  That's also against the rules.

Wigan went into administration.  It's against the rules.

It's not about kicking when they're down.  The administration deductions were introduced when clubs went into administration and weren't punished at all, and in fact benefitted immensely.  See Leicester City.

Not being able to field a team in a professional environment?   Of course the EFL need to punish it, it is the integrity of the league at stake.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

No. Complete and utter poo show of an idea.

The fact there are 2 footballing entities in the PL and the EFL is the issue - for it to work there has to be one unified body. It’s actually the PL that’s the real problem and it’s killing the English game.

Teams relegated throw money around and other clubs in the Championship try and compete which then causes them issues. In having the ‘supposed’ best league in the world in the PL it’s diluted the rest of the leagues significantly.

Having a PL 2 would kill off L1 and L2 completely. It’s a no from me in reality. Any clubs outside the Championship would veto it. 

• Like 5

As I have asked before, every single flipping time this gets suggested, who is going to pay for a PL2?

Are the current PL going to stump up a portion of their TV revenue?  Answer - not a prayer.

Are the main broadcasters going to shell out more money to make a second elite level league viable? Answer - highly unlikely.

So, who else is going to step in?   Answer - maybe the fairies will come down and sort it.

• Like 3

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

But if we're talking PL2.... Bury? Macclesfield???

My reply was in response to Manwe saying the EFL are not destroying the league and your being quite disrespectful in your attitude towards Bury and Macclesfield, remember Wimbledon?,these clubs matter just as much as any other. 

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

As I have asked before, every single flipping time this gets suggested, who is going to pay for a PL2?

Are the current PL going to stump up a portion of their TV revenue?  Answer - not a prayer.

Are the main broadcasters going to shell out more money to make a second elite level league viable? Answer - highly unlikely.

So, who else is going to step in?   Answer - maybe the fairies will come down and sort it.

It's simple.

Sky will give each PL2 club £150m a year.  Administration will be rewarded with +12 points.  Safety certificates won't be needed, it'll be back to the good old days of throwing rubble at the opposing fans.  And we won't need to pay players wages or any debts we owe to anyone.  It'll be amazing, totally realistic and I'm willing to support it.

• Haha 4

Guest gizowl
6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I'm glad you mentioned those three clubs.

Bury and Macclesfield couldn't take part in fixtures in the league because they couldn't pay wages and/or creditors.  That's against the rules.

Macclesfield also couldn't get a safety certificate for their stadium.  That's also against the rules.

Wigan went into administration.  It's against the rules.

It's not about kicking when they're down.  The administration deductions were introduced when clubs went into administration and weren't punished at all, and in fact benefitted immensely.  See Leicester City.

Not being able to field a team in a professional environment?   Of course the EFL need to punish it, it is the integrity of the league at stake.

I think their will be a lot more clubs this coming season who find themselves in a similar predicament are the EFL there to read them their last rights or to try and help them? for the good of football these clubs need to be kept in existence. 

Just now, gizowl said:

I think their will be a lot more clubs this coming season who find themselves in a similar predicament are the EFL there to read them their last rights or to try and help them? for the good of football these clubs need to be kept in existence. 

The EFL rules are made and voted by the Clubs.  It could all change today if the clubs want it.

When those rules are set, that's what's applied.  The clubs have agreed that administration is -12 points.  The clubs have agreed that failure to adhere to safety standards is a offence of the game.  The clubs have agreed that clubs who cannot fulfill their fixtures need to be punished.  

The EFL don't make the rules, clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan et Al make the rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1