Da Cruz Could Be On His Way Back?

Just now, Philb125 said:

Ah again there not good enough but no options, alternatives either. You’d make a cracking leader of the opposition Guru. 

What happened to all those free agents that would be available come the end of season 

There are plenty of different options out there, but we might have to start looking beyond Wigan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What happened to all those free agents that would be available come the end of season 

There are plenty of different options out there, but we might have to start looking beyond Wigan

Again just name a few. On the odd occasion you do, I enjoy looking them up. 

Maybe my post was a bit lazy, in just naming someone we all know in the position but I’ll pop some more extensive options down later. Again I’m limited to my small knowledge and transfer market website 🙂 

But I’m genuinely interested to hear what you/and others think is realistic for our strike options. 

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Again just name a few. On the odd occasion you do, I enjoy looking them up. 

Maybe my post was a bit lazy, in just naming someone we all know in the position but I’ll pop some more extensive options down later. Again I’m limited to my small knowledge and transfer market website 🙂 

But I’m genuinely interested to hear what you/and others think is realistic for our strike options. 

but I can only comment on players we are linked with. Everything else is hypothetical 

Some we have been linked with, I think would improve us In fact, I can remember saying how optimistic I was, reading about most of whom we were linked with We still might deliver on some of those, then I’d probably be a lot happier Of late though, recent rumours ain’t that great

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

but I can only comment on players we are linked with. Everything else is hypothetical 

Some we have been linked with, I think would improve us In fact, I can remember saying how optimistic I was, reading about most of whom we were linked with We still might deliver on some of those, then I’d probably be a lot happier Of late though, recent rumours ain’t that great

But surely being so down about rumours is as much a hypothetical as making suggestions of alternatives. But the downer bit gets a bit boring, whilst your suggestions often give no nothing fans like me something to look into and get excited about the prospect. Otherwise, I'd suggest not getting too worked up about who we might sign and just await them to sign before saying their no good and not going to succeed or move us forward, it will lighten up your day not worrying about these rumours, most wont sign anyway!

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

But surely being so down about rumours is as much a hypothetical as making suggestions of alternatives. But the downer bit gets a bit boring, whilst your suggestions often give no nothing fans like me something to look into and get excited about the prospect. Otherwise, I'd suggest not getting too worked up about who we might sign and just await them to sign before saying their no good and not going to succeed or move us forward, it will lighten up your day not worrying about these rumours, most wont sign anyway!

But by then it’s too late, I’d have to get behind them

• Haha 1

As others have said think there’d be plenty of better options in the lower leagues than Da Cruz. I’d even think of dropping down to the National League, if we’re this desperate.

From what I saw of him in the play-offs, Callum Roberts of Notts County (‘the Geordie Messi’), has a lot more about him than Da Cruz and knows where the net is.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cowl said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those two things have nothing to do with each other and you know that. Seriously, if you've nothing more to say to someone's reply then just leave it. And to do so is also ‘okay’.

But just for the sake of answering the question, all his appearances after the lockdown were decent with the exception of Fulham which was quite poor, and his 30 minutes against Huddersfield which was mediocre at best. He got an assist at Forest and in subsequent games showed he puts in a pretty dangerous corner ball. Against Bristol City he was an effective out-ball too - in fact, in periods of many of his post-lockdown games this was true, and after all, when your looking at a pool of strikers and a blend of attributes, you need someone who can stretch a defence.

Pre-lockdown he was mostly abysmal, with the possible exception of his debut off the bench at home (I forget who it was against).

We will just have to agree to disagree on this, I think you've set fairly low standards if you think his displays were decent. I agree they were better than his pre-lockdown games other than his debut but that was an extremely low bar to get over.

I also agree it looked like he could take a decent corner, perhaps if there were unlimited subs we could just bring him on for set pieces like a kicker in American Football.

I can only imagine this is a v cheap loan for a squad player and a chance to see if he improves. He has a bit of pace and a trick in him but his positioning is awful, he is constantly reacting, has no anticipation whatsoever, likes to run into trouble and he can't hit a barn door with a banjo.