Da Cruz Could Be On His Way Back?

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Granted it’s better than what we have now, only because we have nothing However it’s no better than what we had when we the worst team in the division, and that’s what’s important surely? We aren’t setting out to replicate last season’s disaster

We need four players upfront. In that four we need a mixture of hours WS for courses. They won’t all be of the quality you’re hoping for. 

I’d expect: 

Grafter: Windass or someone similar 

Traditional Striker: Rhodes or ideally upgraded to better striker considering the salary

Someone Fast: Da Cruz or someone similar attributes

Extra Height: a Nuhiu type replacement 

All of the above likely needs to earn less than a combined 50k per week, so whilst it’s really easy saying ‘not good enough’ it’s much harder saying XXX is a better option. 

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We need four players upfront. In that four we need a mixture of hours WS for courses. They won’t all be of the quality you’re hoping for. 

I’d expect: 

Traditional Striker: Rhodes or ideally upgraded to better striker considering the salary

All of the above likely needs to earn less than a combined 50k per week, so whilst it’s really easy saying ‘not good enough’ it’s much harder saying XXX is a better option. 

I can't see us overcoming -12 points with that calibre of goalscorers, we need far better can we up it to 100K? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I can't see us overcoming -12 points with that calibre of goalscorers, we need far better can we up it to 100K? 

Im just guessing at the budget based on the 18m salary cap talk and making less than 13m losses each year. 

100k across 4 players is 5m of your 18 spent on 4/25 players. With the exception of Fullham I’d be shocked if any other club spent that much on their combined strike force. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Im just guessing at the budget based on the 18m salary cap talk and making less than 13m losses each year. 

100k across 4 players is 5m of your 18 spent on 4/25 players. With the exception of Fullham I’d be shocked if any other club spent that much on their combined strike force. 

Yeah i take your point but I can't see us surviving -12 points, without attracting better than what we seem to be aiming for.

Worrying.

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah i take your point but I can't see us surviving -12 points, without attracting better than what we seem to be aiming for.

Worrying.

I don’t know, we haven’t signed any forwards yet but pretty much every team in the division manage to assemble a strike force for I’d guess around that amount. It may not excite us like Hooper, Fletch, Fessi but it won’t bankrupt us either.

-12 not that big a hurdle in my opinion. We simply need to build a functional team for this season that doesn’t cause us to get another deduction. 

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I don’t know, we haven’t signed any forwards yet but pretty much every team in the division manage to assemble a strike force for I’d guess around that amount. It may not excite us like Hooper, Fletch, Fessi but it won’t bankrupt us either.

-12 not that big a hurdle in my opinion. We simply need to build a functional team for this season that doesn’t cause us to get another deduction. 

Da Cruz and Windass if they can be the second string level then get two with better history I might be happie,r but my fear is that they will be the first string level.

• Thanks 1

Da cruz ? Complete headless chicken? He can run around all he wants put himself about and be fit95% of the time doesn’t cover up how bad he was? Missed an absolute sitter at Swansea when we was on top( know Murphy did too)? But that’s the chances as strikers you have to put away? I’d take windass thought he had a bit of something about him but jeez da Cruz pelepoop in our side might aswell play with 9? Nowt personal against them both but they just not good enough for this league

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
48 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’d expect: 

Players of that ilk won us 4 games since Christmas

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I’d expect: 

So exactly the same options that failed last time?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So exactly the same options that failed last time?

I said the type of player I think we’ll need and gave examples that we know. I never said it will be them or I think it should be them. 

As is often the case on here, you like many others are great at saying what we don’t need but struggle to offer realistic alternatives. 

With the exception of Rhodes I think Nuhiu, Windass and Da Cruz would be plenty to keep us up without exciting ne and also likely only cost 25k per week leaving a sizeable amount for a star striker to come in and get the goals. It wouldn’t excite me, but I’d not be flouncing about relegation either. 

21 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Players of that ilk won us 4 games since Christmas

Indeed they did, but the crazy thing in football is that every new game is a new opportunity. If it was only played on past 6 month form my betting account be much healthier and our scouting team likely get it right more often. 

Again, for avoidance of doubt. I’m not saying I hope we sign those four. But instead that I think we need four that offer a mixture of attributes. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I said the type of player I think we’ll need and gave examples that we know. I never said it will be them or I think it should be them. 

As is often the case on here, you like many others are great at saying what we don’t need but struggle to offer realistic alternatives. 

With the exception of Rhodes I think Nuhiu, Windass and Da Cruz would be plenty to keep us up without exciting ne and also likely only cost 25k per week leaving a sizeable amount for a star striker to come in and get the goals. It wouldn’t excite me, but I’d not be flouncing about relegation either. 

Keep us up?? They practically took us down, not one of them should be part of things going forward

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We would we be down after six games... I can't see them or players of their level scoring enough to see us to safety.  We need to buying from a higher shelf, I do accept that finding those players and affording them is a different matter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Keep us up?? They practically took us down, not one of them should be part of things going forward

Ah again there not good enough but no options, alternatives either. You’d make a cracking leader of the opposition Guru.