Da Cruz Could Be On His Way Back?

Against and before Brentford he was terrible. 

If there's no fee and they'll pay his wages then fine. If we are paying more than £5k a week towards this deal we need to give our heads a wobble based on the six months he was here. 

It’s all very well signing the likes of FDB, Dunkley, Windass and DaCruz, but how the hell is that going to improve our starting eleven? As I said, we were the worst side in the division post Christmas, and the team needed major surgery. Without improving a large part of that starting eleven, we simply won’t be competitive

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I would definitely like to see him back, he has something, and if Beattie is as good a coach as they say then he could be some player

I don't have anything against Beattie apart from him being a pig. He was a decent striker.

But why are people making him out to be some sort of striker guru. As if he's gunna transform an average player into some sort of goal machine.

• Like 1

Just now, AgileBeastt said:

I don't have anything against Beattie apart from him being a pig. He was a decent striker.

But why are people making him out to be some sort of striker guru. As if he's gunna transform an average player into some sort of goal machine.

It's because he's had a few success stories with strikers giving him a lot of credit, Chris Wood said in an interview, also Che Adams ending up in the PL after his coaching, so it bodes well, probably other players too

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s all very well signing the likes of FDB, Dunkley, Windass and DaCruz, but how the hell is that going to improve our starting eleven? As I said, we were the worst side in the division post Christmas, and the team needed major surgery. Without improving a large part of that starting eleven, we simply won’t be competitive

exactly this. I don’t know if any of them are what you would class as automatic first choice players. Really need to step up the recruitment with some players that will be regular starters for us. 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Is he a qualified accountant?

Bet hes good at backdating paperwork

He always looked like he didnt know what day it was

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

exactly this. I don’t know if any of them are what you would class as automatic first choice players. Really need to step up the recruitment with some players that will be regular starters for us. 

Get ready to be very underwhelmed all summer.

WTF:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think it’s quite simple, both Windass and Da Cruz are better than no one. It’s easy to improve a starting 11 when it’s actually a starting 9. 

If Windass comes in for same/less than Winnall then that’s an improvement at a saving. If Da Cruz comes over I’d assume he’s very cheap and if so worth it as an option/squad player that could improve moving forward. 

Then we’ve still got a need to upgrade the striker. If Rhodes leaves that’s best part of 100k per week we’ve taken off wage bill from Fessi, Rhodes and Fletcher and you’d hope to add the quality that we need there.

We simply can’t go and spend like for like as that’s clearly where we went wrong. We can’t have 4 forwards all on 25k per week again, that’s madness. A mix of grafters, speed, power, pace, goals across 4 the interchangeable forwards for me, of which 1/2 will no doubt be of lessor quality. 

Liked what I saw of him, but he didn't score, he had quite a bit of playing time and didn't make it count where it mattered, so on that basis, I would look elsewhere.  

Also agree with other posters who are saying that we seem to be signing players or chasing players who failed to make a real impact when they played for us last season.  

We need far better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think it’s quite simple, both Windass and Da Cruz are better than no one. It’s easy to improve a starting 11 when it’s actually a starting 9. 

If Windass comes in for same/less than Winnall then that’s an improvement at a saving. If Da Cruz comes over I’d assume he’s very cheap and if so worth it as an option/squad player that could improve moving forward. 

Then we’ve still got a need to upgrade the striker. If Rhodes leaves that’s best part of 100k per week we’ve taken off wage bill from Fessi, Rhodes and Fletcher and you’d hope to add the quality that we need there.

We simply can’t go and spend like for like as that’s clearly where we went wrong. We can’t have 4 forwards all on 25k per week again, that’s madness. A mix of grafters, speed, power, pace, goals across 4 the interchangeable forwards for me, of which 1/2 will no doubt be of lessor quality. 

Granted it’s better than what we have now, only because we have nothing However it’s no better than what we had when we the worst team in the division, and that’s what’s important surely? We aren’t setting out to replicate last season’s disaster

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Granted it’s better than what we have now, only because we have nothing However it’s no better than what we had when we the worst team in the division, and that’s what’s important surely? We aren’t setting out to replicate last season’s disaster

Not quite the wholesale changes we where thinking Monk was going to make. As you say we where shocking since Christmas, we need massive changes especially up top, resigning players we had last season would be very disappointing 

• Like 2