Da Cruz Could Be On His Way Back?

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Windass was ok tbf. Da Cruz is raw, with correct coaching and experience who knows... yeah it’s a gamble but a cheap one at that. I think he needed to adapt to the championship tbf. 
Renember Grant Holt? He was one of the worst footballers I’ve seen at S6... didn’t do bad in his career in the end.

Remember Grant Holt? I remember Brian Marwood, people stood around me on kop said he was worst signing they had seen his first few games, he ended being a bargain. Trouble is if new signings don't score a few in their first games they get called crap. With Da Cruz its a big step up and a new country so he needs time to settle, I agree, its a gamble but a cheap one. Windass was OK I would have him back as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Remember Grant Holt? I remember Brian Marwood, people stood around me on kop said he was worst signing they had seen his first few games, he ended being a bargain. Trouble is if new signings don't score a few in their first games they get called crap. With Da Cruz its a big step up and a new country so he needs time to settle, I agree, its a gamble but a cheap one. Windass was OK I would have him back as well. 

a cheap one? The fee reported earlier in the year was 2 million. 

Think this is another loan deal.
What’s to lose. The guy is strong, brave and quick. Fits many of the criteria we lack. Let Beattie work on him. He’s turned players like this into 20 goal a season strikers before. Nothing lost if it doesn’t work out. 

still need to recruit two more though.

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

What’s to lose. The guy is strong, brave and quick. Fits many of the criteria we lack. Let Beattie work on him. He’s turned players like this into 20 goal a season strikers before. Nothing lost if it doesn’t work out. 

still need to recruit two more though.

The cost of his wages. any loan fee and the valuable time of our coaching team? Would rather Beattie and co spent their time coaching players we own than trying to improve those of other clubs who's already failed to perform for us last season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

i think so. I’m in the “hungry young guns without baggage” camp  Leeds got  Nketiah last season. Swansea got Brewster. The young players are out there not getting game time as the big guns continue to spend tens of millions on the finished article. 

Those players come with a big loan fee. Derby paid 2 million for the services of Harry Wilson a couple of years ago. Plus are they going to join a club on -12?

2 hours ago, cowl said:

The post-lockdown Da Cruz looked a lot better than the pre-lockdown one.

Especially good against QPR.

I'd be okay about him coming back.

I think that QPR game against one of the most disinterested teams I have seen in a long time, it has done Da Cruz and Windass a lot of favours. If you look at their contribution overall it was very limited.

Both have something about them but difficult to pin the to a role or position in which they might be more consistently effective in our team. We were rubbish last season yet with 12/13 players still remaining and some advocating the return of these players under the same manager, I can't see how we should expect any significant improvement.