Da Cruz Could Be On His Way Back?

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If he's coming back as a cheap squad player who we're hoping might come good with a bit more coaching and experience of Championship football, then okay.

If he's coming back as one of our main strikers, then it's too much of a gamble in my eyes.

This is it for me. Admire his "get at them" attitude, good pace, reasonably skillful and gets in good positions but his finishing is very poor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wasn’t the fee rumoured to be 2 million. If it doesn’t work out as you suggest I very much doubt we would make money on him. 

If he’s £2million as you say, no way I’d get him back. Surely we’re not gonna be paying 2m for anyone this transfer market

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Some want rid of Nuhiu but would take Da Cruz back? Our fan base never ceases to amaze me. He produced the square root of f all while he was here. We couldn't hit a cows ar$e with a banjo in the second half of the season yet we're talking about bringing Windass back as well? 😬

Windass was ok tbf. Da Cruz is raw, with correct coaching and experience who knows... yeah it’s a gamble but a cheap one at that. I think he needed to adapt to the championship tbf. 
Renember Grant Holt? He was one of the worst footballers I’ve seen at S6... didn’t do bad in his career in the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robowl4life said:

Windass was ok tbf. Da Cruz is raw, with correct coaching and experience who knows... yeah it’s a gamble but a cheap one at that. I think he needed to adapt to the championship tbf. 
Renember Grant Holt? He was one of the worst footballers I’ve seen at S6... didn’t do bad in his career in the end.

I believe Da Cruz's buy out clause is £2M? Hardly cheap in our current situation. I'd rather see Charles Hagan get a run out TBH?

• Like 1

The inference is that this is another loan. I'm ok with that but we should make sure there's an option to buy at a pre agreed price. I don't like it when loan players come good and then we can't afford them on a permanent deal. I like the lad, I think there's a player in there, hopefully he will properly find his feet next season and show us what he can do. End of the day we need strikers.

• Like 1

Problem I feel is by signing windass and da Cruz we’re kind of starting the new season with the team that lets be honest we’re very poor towards the back end of last ? I mean he was ok but for me we need to be looking around , I would take Windass over da Cruz though. 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

He’s very raw, but talented. I’m worried where our goals are gonna come from in the short-term if da Cruz comes back. Windass scored 7 in 24 last season. With a more settled season I reckon he’s capable of double-figures if he returns; but who else is?

Edited by wilyfox