Da Cruz Could Be On His Way Back?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’d rather not have either of them, but if I had to choose which one has the most potential to come good, I’d choose DaCruz over Windass

A guy who scored 0 goals in 14 appearances and got 1 assist. The same man whose legs turn to jelly when he gets to the area? I’ve enjoyed your posts recently but not sure you can be take seriously after this comment.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 22/08/2020 at 21:47, modboy said:

According to this he's on more than iorfa. 

Bonkers if true

https://footballleaguefc.com/sheffield-wednesday-2019-20-player-wages/

Ps Jones salary can't be right!!!!

Edit must be made up. Look at van aken

Van Aken and Rhodes’ wages are an absolute joke, but the worst is Tom Lees’. How can you give almost 30 grand a week to a defender with no pace? Ridiculous!

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

A guy who scored 0 goals in 14 appearances and got 1 assist. The same man whose legs turn to jelly when he gets to the area? I’ve enjoyed your posts recently but not sure you can be take seriously after this comment.

Well yes, as I said, I’d rather not have any of them. If the manager can assemble some proper striking options, but signs one of these as a wildcard, then OK Shouldn’t be our first, second, or even third choices though

13 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Ah yes the old, “he thinks too quick for the other players”.

Still can’t believe you actually said that.🤩

13 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I didn't. 

9 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Inspector Lestrade

Sheffield Wednesday Board Member

25,656 postS

Posted July 11

The other players need to get on his wave length, he reads the game really well.  Finds space but his team mates haven't been noticing until today. 

Oops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well yes, as I said, I’d rather not have any of them. If the manager can assemble some proper striking options, but signs one of these as a wildcard, then OK Shouldn’t be our first, second, or even third choices though

Strange logic as Windass scored 3 goals in less appearances while Da Cruz showed nothing. Windass seems to be a player who offers a threat and looked to me to be far and above Da Cruz who I thought looked out of his depth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Strange logic as Windass scored 3 goals in less appearances while Da Cruz showed nothing. Windass seems to be a player who offers a threat and looked to me to be far and above Da Cruz who I thought looked out of his depth.

I thought both looked poor overall, and I’m not suckered in by the goals he scored. We’ve been down that route before with Winnall remember. Watching a player, can give you a better representation than just going by their goal stats

Edited by gurujuan

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I thought both looked poor overall, and I’m not suckered in by the goals he scored. We’ve been down that route before with Winnall remember. Watching a player, can give you a better representation than just going by their goal stats

Well if you watched Da Cruz and thought he was a better bet than Windass you saw something I didn't thats for sure. Headless chicken springs to mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Well if you watched Da Cruz and thought he was a better bet than Windass you saw something I didn't thats for sure. Headless chicken springs to mind.

I didn’t, none are right, but if we wanted to take a punt on one of them for the future, for me it would be DaCruz. Maybe only because he is younger and may yet improve. In truth, neither of them are right for us now

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I didn’t, none are right, but if we wanted to take a punt on one of them for the future, for me it would be DaCruz. Maybe only because he is younger and may yet improve. In truth, neither of them are right for us now

I would take Windass on a knock down fee as a stop gap for this season. I think he would offer 10 goals over a season and with less than 3 weeks to kick off the only forward we have is Rhodes. I agree long term I wouldn't want him in the side as to push on we need better but this season is about getting some players in who are at a standard to keep us up. If we can avoid relegation we will be a much better option to a higher level player next season. Think it will freebies loans and the odd journeyman this season.

Windass is a better player than most in this thread seem to recognise .

when we got him it was clear he wasn’t match fit , he also had a injury part way through his loan 

but he did show values we are short of including goals and he has great vision , he played some lovely balls through in his short time. He is also a bit edgy and offers some thing different 

The only thing I am concerned about is his attitude, but That’s Monks call 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Windass is a better player than most in this thread seem to recognise .

when we got him it was clear he wasn’t match fit , he also had a injury part way through his loan 

but he did show values we are short of including goals and he has great vision , he played some lovely balls through in his short time. He is also a bit edgy and offers some thing different 

The only thing I am concerned about is his attitude, but That’s Monks call 

Definitely a better player than Da Cruz. I think he could do a job this season and maybe next as we rebuild.

Windass will be fine , he is a tidy championship footballer. 
Those in favour of us signing da Cruz should send their CV’s off to replace the just sacked Jock McMad, the former manager of Scottish 8th division side ‘ Mad Rovers’ .

• Like 2

I generally agree with Gurujuan on most topics including the fact that Monk shouyld no longer be manager of SWFC.

However Da Cruz over Windass I cannot agree.

I occasionally see the odd National Leagure game and Da Cruz would not even stand out at that level.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I generally agree with Gurujuan on most topics including the fact that Monk shouyld no longer be manager of SWFC.

However Da Cruz over Windass I cannot agree.

I occasionally see the odd National Leagure game and Da Cruz would not even stand out at that level.

Thank you. I’m not championing him though, although a couple of years ago he was regularly scouted by Liverpool, and others, so he may have something about him that we haven’t seen. Having said that, neither him, nor Windass is the way forward. What is the point in reassembling the strike force that failed so miserably during that second half of the season