Zero points or -12 ?

27 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

From the information published this isn’t apparent. Nor is the reason why the deduction goes in next season, not 2 seasons ago.  The EFL shouldn’t get to pick and choose.  I only know what’s been published today but this seems like a strong appeal. 

It is very apparent.

Both Miere saying she wouldn’t feel comfortable back dating a transaction.

Club auditor John Warner has said if he had known no legally binding agreement he would not have accepted in the 17/18 financial statements.

So how can we win an appeal when there was no legal agreement in place to disprove what we have done? We can’t.

Regardless of how inept the EFL have handled it, we broke the rules. 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

It is very apparent.

Club auditor John Warner has said if he had known no legally binding agreement he would not have accepted in the 17/18 financial statements.

So how can we win an appeal when there was no legal agreement in place to disprove what we have done? We can’t.

Where has John Warner said this?  Surely any agreement is legally binding if it is in fact an agreement with the intention to be legally binding, the only difficult may be evidencing it, but is that what’s being said?  I don’t think the club’s auditors would openly admit to being negligent. 

22 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Where has John Warner said this?  Surely any agreement is legally binding if it is in fact an agreement with the intention to be legally binding, the only difficult may be evidencing it, but is that what’s being said?  I don’t think the club’s auditors would openly admit to being negligent. 

35BB7747-FF86-4727-B357-49612EA2C33D.jpeg

1 minute ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

So he’s saying that an oral agreement can’t be legally binding? I think whoever reported this has his facts mixed up.  I also expect the auditors would have checked the facts behind a transaction of such importance.  

Think what you want.

That’s literally a quote from the auditor.

9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Think what you want.

That’s literally a quote from the auditor.

But he doesn’t give the quote, he’s just reporting something the auditor apparently said.

He also says the agreement was based on an oral agreement. Most agreements are before they’re put in writing.  It makes them no less legally binding. 

We’ll see. 

It also doesn’t answer the question of why the deduction wasn’t imposed in the year of the supposed accounting fault.  Can the EFL pick and choose?  

10 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

But he doesn’t give the quote, he’s just reporting something the auditor apparently said.

He also says the agreement was based on an oral agreement. Most agreements are before they’re put in writing.  It makes them no less legally binding. 

We’ll see. 

It also doesn’t answer the question of why the deduction wasn’t imposed in the year of the supposed accounting fault.  Can the EFL pick and choose?  

🤦‍♂️ It’s from the report. 

7 hours ago, 0114 said:

-12. I don’t think we will win an appeal. It’s pretty apparent the stadium was sold too late meaning we broke FFP. 

Maybe the appeal will be based on unfair timing..or timed perfectly by the efl..especially because of the time wasting tactics by the efl, re charging officials based on FA.

Maybe we could argue the -12 should have happened 8 months ago, but due to rigging from the efl they chose to wait.

Maybe the efl are bent as foook and have the dolls on...

15 hours ago, 0114 said:

It is very apparent.

Which was to meet EFL requirements. 

Reportedly because of EFL incompetence so why couldn’t we?

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

Which was to meet EFL requirements. 

Reportedly because of EFL incompetence so why couldn’t we?

I think both SWFC and EFL have shown incompetence. 

The EFL pressed for legal documentation on the stadium sale, that was their requirement. Turns out all we had was an oral agreement which according to the report holds no legal weight.