BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday WILL appeal the EFL -12 point deduction!

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If we  are confident on our right to appeal and get a fair hearing why shouldn't we appeal

Nothing to lose from what I see - can't impose any more than 12 as that's the rule - should have been applied 2018/19 and EFL are trying to set the rules based on the clubs position - it's also confusing as if derby overstated value of stadium and still broke FFP they have to apply same rules to them as season has finished ...... if they don't wow ... this opens a MASSIVE can of worms .... apply to this season and not us ... Charlton will then go for EFL too ... apply both to 2018/19 as it should be - then there is no issue .... that's what would have happened - like the report says .... neither team has gained any advantage (i.e. promotion to PL) from the overspending .... so I think the best thing is .... cancel all points deductions and parachute payments - then you might have a level playing field !

26 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

That's probably why she left. Doesn't take advice from anyone. 

Not quite true mate, he takes his advice from Paxo. Wonder what Stuffing boys advice was on this. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is more uncertainty for Monk and his team hanging over them

If we appeal and have the hope that we are going to get the deduction reduced and it doesn't happen that's another big hammer blow

Not saying DC shouldn't appeal by the way - he absolutely should

But it's just more uncertainty and clouds hanging over us this new fresh season which isn't ideal

I agree about the uncertainty

But these are professional players they should  continue with there job and get as many points as we can because if the EFL do you decide that we are still guilty .
we have already reached the maximum charge of 12 points as they have stated

so the worst scenario would be fine or even the chairman getting banned from Dealing with the EFL And the chances of that is very unlikely .

The EFL like to tread very carefully they’ve already accused Mr c which originates from Thailand that he is pretending not to understand as much as You can saying he’s lying about the language barrier they are Walking the Thinline racism can easily be brought into this

21 minutes ago, Swifty75 said:

I have just read through the documents on the EFL website, and for me their is a startling admittance of a desire for them to relegate us contained within it. It says:

image.png.c3ce40e0eee9f0b18f5a3a89b76f8cc2.png

Clearly they are not charging Derby this season because the maximum 12 point deduction would not relegate them. Does this then read they did not charge us in the 1819 season as it would not relegate us. I think it clearly does. It would seem that the EFL do not want to adhere to their own rules when it does not relegate the club charged. It says the club should be charged and penalties imposed in the subsequent season and that a 12 point deduction is the maximum. It does not say the EFL can choose when to impose that sanction so as it ends in relegation for that team.

It is a complete mess. What is the point in a body writing rules and then not sticking to 'their' rules as it does not give the outcome they would like. They should have written the rule to say 'a breach of the profit and sustainability rule will result in automatic relegation in the subsequent season'.

Startling statement that.  Thought it was  their job to give the penalty of up to 12 points regardless of the league position of the club  in the correct timeframe.

I can't see why anyone would want to be part of any membership  organistion that would want to  cause as much damage as possible to members, not a club I would want to be part of?

Looks ..very murky this.

• Like 2

Anyone else feeling totally jaded by this whole debacle?

The club are a circus.  DC needs to appoint a CEO, DoF etc asap.  As he’s totally out of his depth.

The EFL need to sort out their P&S rulings and stop making it up as they go along.

A total shambles all round, on both sides.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

Glad this is going to drag on until 'autumn'.
Wouldn't feel right starting the new season and playing games without legal proceedings hanging over our heads and not knowing where we stand.
This feels much more like the norm.

I dont think this will impact players. 

This is becoming bigger than just swfc, now. Glad we have a chairman who is standing up for not just us; but all clubs who might find that someone wants to make an example out of them.

• Like 4

The EFL want to impose the sanctions, but they want to impose the sanctions when it has the biggest detrimental effect on the club in question. Surely the EFL would want the clubs within the league and under their guidance to be as successful as possible????

One way or another they have managed to damage, or indeed destroy, Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield and Wigan. If the premier league acted in this way then it would be back page news and there would be an outcry. Anything below the premier league nobody is really bothered, especially for little clubs like Macclesfield.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

If we win an appeal, the EFL will get the points taken off again by bringing Neil Swarbrick out of retirement and having him ref all our games. 

Also Darren Deadman

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

We should get off with this if the facts are true but it leaves the back door open for Charlton to make a legal challenge now.

I don't know about Charlton's own ongoing situation with the accepted transfer of ownership, but seeing as they've got their own worries, maybe they will remain quiet for the time being. Even if they won a legal challenge over this, they could then be in trouble over the ownership situation.. I don't know if that is something the EFL can then penalise with a points deduction too?

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So if Derby get found guilty which season do we expect their points deduction to be in?

Bear in mind they have somebody on the EFL board who probably keeps Parry supplied with chocolate bourbons.

interesting question - Derby would clearly want a 12 point deduction in the season just finished, now they've failed with the play off push. However, SWFC would clearly like their deduction in 20/21 like us -  we will both start on -12, and they can keep us company. Maybe we'll sue the EFL if this doesn't happen...

15 minutes ago, Animis said:

interesting question - Derby would clearly want a 12 point deduction in the season just finished, now they've failed with the play off push. However, SWFC would clearly like their deduction in 20/21 like us -  we will both start on -12, and they can keep us company. Maybe we'll sue the EFL if this doesn't happen...

But I think we should both have had a deduction in 1819, if we were found to be guilty.

3 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

The appeal is legally sound...but the EFL

We should get off with this if the facts are true but it leaves the back door open for Charlton to make a legal challenge now.

I'm please we are doing this and fully back the club and DC

Even if Charlton do that there is no way it will impact us. They might win some compensation off the efl, but its too late in the day for relegating a team or not, by the time its sorted the season will be underway and cant start moving teams after that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The fact we breached FFP isn't in question. So we can only be appealing the number of pts deducted surely.? 

We are arguing they cleared the stadium sale being backdated, meaning we wouldnt have breached it at all. 

7 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

We are arguing they cleared the stadium sale being backdated, meaning we wouldnt have breached it at all. 

And it appears their response to this is we didn’t look at it properly because were off on our jollies or have I misunderstood that ?

if you used that defence in any court in the land you’d be laughed out 

• Like 2