BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday WILL appeal the EFL -12 point deduction!

This is more uncertainty for Monk and his team hanging over them

If we appeal and have the hope that we are going to get the deduction reduced and it doesn't happen that's another big hammer blow

Not saying DC shouldn't appeal by the way - he absolutely should

But it's just more uncertainty and clouds hanging over us this new fresh season which isn't ideal

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we successfully appeal then that opens the floodgates for all sorts of stuff in football

I’d say it would open the floodgates for a total restructure of the EFL if we win. Regardless of the rights and wrongs that would be a silver lining for football IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I don't think this shows the EFL have an agenda against us.

But it does show they want to cause maximum impact with their punishments by being inconsistent, unfair and open to bias in their implementation - which isn't acceptable IMO.

The sanctions as well as the timelines for charge, investigation, decision and implementation of sanctions should be 100% transparent and consistent.

But they were applying different timelines for Derby. That is wednesday's statement in black and white so I would say they were out to make an example of us and therefore had an agenda with us

• Like 2

I think the reason our case has gone on for so long and not seemed as clear cut as other cases is that the EFL did indeed try to impose a cruel and unusual punishment on our club. Then when we fought back with solid legal practice, they basically tied themselves in knots. 

Every club should be treat the same. I think we should be deducted 12 points for 18-19, pay back any finishing position monies owed, then go after the individual/individuals responsible at the EFL, for trying to make an example of us at great cost to the club and supporters. 

Then the EFL needs a complete overhaul. Unfit for purpose. 

• Like 8

So to sum up

• EFL said yes you can include the ground sale, they signed off on it, we signed off on it.
  • Someone at the EFL then said, WOWOWO you just approved something from wednesday? let me have a look. Its Wednesday don't bother investigating much its bound to be dodgy, punish them.
  • Then hit us with a 12 point deduction for this season even though another club has done similar and they want to apply the 12 points next season.
  • We appeal
  • Independent board find the EFL should have investigated before charging us.We did absolutely nothing wrong on our side ... legally, yet we still get a -12 point deduction.
  • We appeal the deduction

Would like to read the statement in full be if what wednesday have posted is all of it, I can't see how they can justify still giving us the 12 point deduction. It's basiclly EFL's fizz up not ours.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Wake up to what?   Do you have access to boardroom discussions? 

Some proper sensitive flowers in our fan base!

Do you think it’s going well then? The club, finances etc? You don’t need access to boardroom discussions to form an opinion on that. And quit the sensitive flower stuff. That’s a weak sign of a lost argument.  

Floor is yours. How do you think we shape up at the minute?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Spurs did for financial irregularity back in 94/95 - 12 points and an FA Cup ban appealed by Alan Sugar in court and it was revoked 

Thanks.

No recent precedent then, hmm.

Not at all confident about this, and it really is a well we’ve got nothing to lose approach if we’ve already got the maximum punishment isn’t it.

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

So to sum up

• EFL said yes you can include the ground sale, they signed off on it, we signed off on it.
  • Someone at the EFL then said, WOWOWO you just approved something from wednesday? let me have a look. Its Wednesday don't bother investigating much its bound to be dodgy, punish them.
  • Then hit us with a 12 point deduction for this season even though another club has done similar and they want to apply the 12 points next season.
  • We appeal
  • Independent board find the EFL should have investigated before charging us.We did absolutely nothing wrong on our side ... legally, yet we still get a -12 point deduction.
  • We appeal the deduction

Would like to read the statement in full be if what wednesday have posted is all of it, I can't see how they can justify still giving us the 12 point deduction. It's basiclly EFL's fizz up not ours.

only skimmed it but I think the panel meant they should have investigated the 2nd charge before charging us with that. 

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

That’s a bold statement from the club in a legal sense, we must be very confident, it will have been lawyer proofed to the nth degree, it’s made me more confident.

The club were "confident" that we would escape any sanctions before going into the hearing too.