Jump to content

BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday WILL appeal the EFL -12 point deduction!


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Owl1987 said:

I think there is some mileage in this.

EFL have acted shambolically. 

 

Appears to me we were found against because of the wrong accounts year which technically is correct. But when the club is given the okay by the EFL to do that then I think this appeal may be a goer.

 

This ones not over in my view.

 

Chansiri might be a few things but he is a businessman and far from stupid. He has a decent legal team and advisors.

 

The decision reasons released lead me to have a lot of optimism.. 

 

EFL not fit for purpose.

 

 

 

I respectfully disagree on this point.

But more or less agree on the rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Shambolic from both sides.

 

Skimmed the thread but I can't see an answer to this, is the appeal a free shot at getting this overturned or is there further punishment should we lose it?

 

There's plenty of ammo for lawyers in that report, but whatever happens it doesn't change how badly the club is run behind the scenes. It was obvious to everybody that we were on track to breach FFP, but this was the best plan we could muster, a back of an envelope solution copied from other clubs and hurried through at the last possible minute. The incompetence from DC actually worries me when it comes to the future of this football club. Things need to change. 

 

Agree.

I hope we might get away with this one by having the points deduction reduced or even abandoned.

Some people seem to read the report as no chance if we appeal while other think we have a good case.

Which ever way it goes unless the running of the club drastically improves the current situation will not be the end of our problems.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be gobsmacked if we got a reduction, total waste of time. What is the point of the independent panel if their final outcome gets drastically altered? 

 

We need to accept the appeal will be dismissed and carry on from today as if we will be on minus 12.

 

Let's move on

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

 

We are also appealing that the sanction is being applied too late under EFL rules and should have had a points deduction in the 2018/2019 season when we were 24pts clear of relegation.

Well, that's some wishful thinking...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it in the other thread but I don't see where our grounds are for appeal. We had an open door and failed to walk through it. The EFL helped us and we didn't do what they said. They were actively showing us how we could bend the rules and we ignored them for some reason until it was too late. 

 

DC needs to bring people in who know how to run a business, then bring people in who know how to run a football club. Until then we will flounder from disaster to disaster. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Said it in the other thread but I don't see where our grounds are for appeal. We had an open door and failed to walk through it. The EFL helped us and we didn't do what they said. They were actively showing us how we could bend the rules and we ignored them for some reason until it was too late. 

 

DC needs to bring people in who know how to run a business, then bring people in who know how to run a football club. Until then we will flounder from disaster to disaster.
 

..

or maybe DC needs to bring people in he’s actually going to listen to and who’s advice he’s gonna take...

Edited by Essix Blue
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Unless Chansiri is some interfering megalomaniac i honestly do not understand how katrien Miere is coming out smelling of roses. Was she not charged with the running of the club?

 

Don't get me wrong, DC doesn't come out of this well, but it appears, from references to him being in Thailand, that the responsibility (as you would expect with the hierarchy in place) to complete, or at the very least setup with sufficient clarity to allow completion of, the transaction fell to the incumbent UK based directors? Chiefly, the CEO.

 

No? 

 

What this whole thing shows is the pointlessness of idle speculation. For months people have been saying we're going to be OK or vice versa. As ever the devil was in the detail and no-one on here predicted the poo-show on both sides revealed by the panel's report.

 

Rather than punish us initially the EFL were trying to hold our hand through the process. They were going out of their way not to penalise us but we managed to wander off like an errant toddler and balls it up. And then the EFL were less than efficient when it came to pursuing the case that resulted in making bizarre accusations and investigating shoddily. What a sodding mess. We sell Hillsborough, we still get a punishment - let's hope the appeal gets that removed via some sort of legal loophole not that we appear to be very good at utilising them - and everybody looks stupid. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, just cos the EFL are useless doesn't mean we aren't. Utter incompetence from both sides, unfortunately from our side it's led to minus 12 when it was easy to avoid it. I'm staggered that we are where we are, I reckon I could have done a better job just by looking at the numbers and following instructions. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Said it in the other thread but I don't see where our grounds are for appeal. We had an open door and failed to walk through it.

 

Appealing on the little-used "wounded dog sympathy vote" grounds :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

Agree.

I hope we might get away with this one by having the points deduction reduced or even abandoned.

Some people seem to read the report as no chance if we appeal while other think we have a good case.

Which ever way it goes unless the running of the club drastically improves the current situation will not be the end of our problems.

 

Exactly.

 

Everything was/is done at the last possible minute and beyond (in this case) at this football club. A multi-million pound asset sold over night as a solution to FFP/P&S when even the average Joe knew we were sailing close to the wind 12 months earlier. 

 

Redgate and Meire have to take some of the criticism, but Chansiri was steering this. Is his lack of physical presence an issue? Does he trust others to do the job he employed them to do? Will he change his ways after seeing examples of his incompetence aired in public? I'm extremely skeptical.

 

The only positive from all of this is the forced change in transfer strategy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Owl1987 said:

I think there is some mileage in this.

EFL have acted shambolically. 

 

Appears to me we were found against because of the wrong accounts year which technically is correct. But when the club is given the okay by the EFL to do that then I think this appeal may be a goer.

 

This ones not over in my view.

 

Chansiri might be a few things but he is a businessman and far from stupid. He has a decent legal team and advisors.

 

The decision reasons released lead me to have a lot of optimism.. 

 

EFL not fit for purpose.

 

 

1. Chansiri’s actions of the last 5.5 years certainly make you wonder as to his business credentials (in football at least) and we’re honest his actions make you question how bright / stupid he may be.

 

2. the report even confirms that we didn’t proceed and get the required legal advice. Our actions are beyond incompetent and embarrassing 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

I think if you read this which summarises it succinctly.....

 

 

.....we handled it totally ineptly. The charge and points deduction could have been avoided.

 

It all sounds like a match just before my time but I've heard a lot about  - when we got relegated from Division One in 1970 and Man City came to Hillsborough and tried to let us win but we somehow managed to balls it up. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

 

It all sounds like a match just before my time but I've heard a lot about  - when we got relegated from Division One in 1970 and Man City came to Hillsborough and tried to let us win but we somehow managed to balls it up. 

 

Indeed. I remember that match only too well and always hated Ian Bowyer afterwards.

 

Quite honestly, for the club to come out with such a strongly worded statement as a follow up and to confirm it is to appeal is simply an embarrassment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with others, in let's shine the light on DC and his management team at the time. We are where we are because of them - period.

 

In terms of the club statement yesterday, who wrote it - what is the leadership team at Hillsborough? DC doesn't appear to be fully engaged, and that was two years ago. The other two Directors have resigned. Who put the statement together; who agrees these things at the club day-to-day. Are we being run by some faceless consortium from outside Hillsborough because no one appears to have any strips at the club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Jesus H Christ

 

This isn't about whether or not the EFL are fit for purpose

 

Its about the FACT that we arent.

 

Whataboutery in regards to the EFL is pointless. We can all see that they aren't exactly brilliant administrators

 

But that doesn't mean we are.

No agreed but that does not mean we just lie there and get shafted. The EFL rules are totally not fit for purpose.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...