Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Really optimistic & looking forward to the start of the Season.I wasn't really convinced by Bruce's limited time here,(though he proved me wrong.with his Newcastle revival.) & the thought of just seeing the same old faces on the pitch(and often same lack lustre performances)....just left me not convinced we would be good enough with this squad to mount a sustained promotion push.

 

Now even though we have a -12 deduction,and some of the original squad remaining,(still)new signings,fresher legs,a change in Coaching staff(GK Coach much needed!!) & a chance now to rebuild,has left me looking forward to the seasons challenges.

 

Hopefully we can sign a decent few more players before 'kick off' bring back Murphy for another season,get CW back from Palace, & and maybe loan a Premier League team striker,or my preference,sign Kieffer Moore.Time will tell..dont really know why,some will say ime talking sh**e (wouldnt be the first time) But i really do have a good feeling about what this next season will bring   WAWAW

 


Think you’ve done too much milling lad lol 

 

Got to admit I’m feeling positive, seems like a fresh start, new coaches and players in. Out with the deadwood and the court case out of the way. Let’s ‘ave it!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

I'd be more optimistic if we weren't giving the other 23 teams a 12 point advantage. 

It's going to take a small miracle to get us out of this one. 

Disagree with that to be honest. Sensible recruitment and good squad management should keep Wednesday in the Championship. Will it be difficult? Yes but I wouldn't say small miracle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So last Summer we had an experienced manager with a track record of promotions, some decent signings and a good end to the previous season. 

 

This Summer, we have a manager with an average at best record, we’ve lost our top scorer, most creative player and a quality defensive midfielder. We have one striker whose forgot how to score, a squad that scored 24 goals between them last season, and we are starting on minus twelve points on the back of being awful from Christmas on.

 

I can understand why your more optimistic this summer. It’s going to be great.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, robowl4life said:


Think you’ve done too much milling lad lol 

 

Got to admit I’m feeling positive, seems like a fresh start, new coaches and players in. Out with the deadwood and the court case out of the way. Let’s ‘ave it!!

34 years since i did any 'miiling' ha ha....Murphy back now too,  Many teams who are challenging in the Promotion 'race' have a bad run,isnt that how we made the play offs,first time round with Carlos? we started a winning run,whilst others fell away?..if we can win our first 4 Games,the deductions gone.....Just like a team thats started badly ...we  than have 40 plus(42?) Games to go at,some what 126 points available?...

Edited by parajack
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, parajack said:

Really optimistic & looking forward to the start of the Season.I wasn't really convinced by Bruce's limited time here,(though he proved me wrong.with his Newcastle revival.) & the thought of just seeing the same old faces on the pitch(and often same lack lustre performances)....just left me not convinced we would be good enough with this squad to mount a sustained promotion push.

 

Now even though we have a -12 deduction,and some of the original squad remaining,(still)new signings,fresher legs,a change in Coaching staff(GK Coach much needed!!) & a chance now to rebuild,has left me looking forward to the seasons challenges.

 

Hopefully we can sign a decent few more players before 'kick off' bring back Murphy for another season,get CW back from Palace, & and maybe loan a Premier League team striker,or my preference,sign Kieffer Moore.Time will tell..dont really know why,some will say ime talking sh**e (wouldnt be the first time) But i really do have a good feeling about what this next season will bring   WAWAW

 


 

what flavour crayons have you been eating? 
 

someone please send me a large pack because I’d love to feel that way.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, George said:


 

what flavour crayons have you been eating? 
 

someone please send me a large pack because I’d love to feel that way.

Give it a few games mate,and maybe you will.!!I Havnt felt as optimistic as this for a while,YES we have a big challenge,but the dressing room has needed changing out,forever...New Players(more hopefully as the season progress's) and a different dynamic to look forward to,at S6..Why not be optimistic?

If Monk cant get a tune out of the remaining 'old guard' (Reach particularly ) i would like to see them gone too.  But in the meantime,we must come out with a sense of purpose,keep as many clean sheet's as possible,and make the opponents work hard,for any goal scoring chances....

and win,or at least not lose the early games.

Wildsmith must prove his self early, Dawson i think needs to step up,and make less mistakes,to claim the no1 spot back.

Momentum,is everything

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, robowl4life said:


Think you’ve done too much milling lad lol 

 

Got to admit I’m feeling positive, seems like a fresh start, new coaches and players in. Out with the deadwood and the court case out of the way. Let’s ‘ave it!!

 

 

Keep reading this in different threads. Tell me about all of the deadwood we have got rid of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

 

Keep reading this in different threads. Tell me about all of the deadwood we have got rid of.

?? Dont have to be 'got rid of' do they? can be dropped,or become  'squad' players... rather than leave..Or in the case of other staff,given other duties..(Some on contacts and no 'suitors'...) Deadwood not a word i have used......

 

Westwood for example,not going anywhere currently but out of favour..,Dawson dropped through form,(but don't consider him 'Deadwood either..)..Bullen & Co now Coaching under 23s... rather than the First team....

 

Players who have already left,a matter of record..Winnall,Fletcher,FF,Hutchinson,Fox, Dave (we don't know yet if he will remain),...6 first team players leaving from season 19/20...Others may yet be brought in before season start...

 

Yes the squad 'rump' remains currently,no team can be turned around 'overnight'  we can only hope that the changes that have been made,have removed the alleged dressing room issues...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, parajack said:

?? Dont have to be 'got rid of' do they? can be dropped,or become  'squad' players... rather than leave..Or in the case of other staff,given other duties..(Some on contacts and no 'suitors'...) Deadwood not a word i have used......

 

Westwood for example,not going anywhere currently but out of favour..,Dawson dropped through form,(but don't consider him 'Deadwood either..)..Bullen & Co now Coaching under 23s... rather than the First team....

 

Players who have already left,a matter of record..Winnall,Fletcher,FF,Hutchinson,Fox, Dave (we don't know yet if he will remain),...6 first team players leaving from season 19/20...Others may yet be brought in before season start...

 

Yes the squad 'rump' remains currently,no team can be turned around 'overnight'  we can only hope that the changes that have been made,have removed the alleged dressing room issues...

 

So a clear out that includes 6 players you have listed - 1 might return, 1 was completely ousted in January anyway, 2 hardly featured under Monk anyway and 2 were among our best performers last season.

 

Onwards and upwards!  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Plonk said:

So last Summer we had an experienced manager with a track record of promotions, some decent signings and a good end to the previous season. 

 

This Summer, we have a manager with an average at best record, we’ve lost our top scorer, most creative player and a quality defensive midfielder. We have one striker whose forgot how to score, a squad that scored 24 goals between them last season, and we are starting on minus twelve points on the back of being awful from Christmas on.

 

I can understand why your more optimistic this summer. It’s going to be great.

Decent Manager? he might have been,had he stayed,you call someone a 'decent' manager who agree's a contract than leaves the Club after 18 games? cos if you do,we define 'decent; differently...

Bruces early record was nothing to shout about,by the way,in my opinion,and he had 4 Clubs in 3 Years...So like Monk,he has moved around...The rest of your post is factually correct,but we differ on the reasons 'why'..I cant be having the same debate,in every thread....Players v Manager...I have simply said i feel optimistic,for the first time in several Seasons...you feel differently,thats you  ,and thats fine

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

So a clear out that includes 6 players you have listed - 1 might return, 1 was completely ousted in January anyway, 2 hardly featured under Monk anyway and 2 were among our best performers last season.

 

Onwards and upwards!  

Whats your point?...You asked a Q,i answered it,....You dont agree with my responce ,fine..Team has 11 players (+ subs obviously) Monk had no control over Fox & Fletcher leavingAas i said,he has dropped others(change doesnt mean they have to leave the club) so Westwood & Dawson as examples,not currently playing,so that would be 8 Players not 6.He has also in the past left Reach & Lee's out..we will see if they remain in his plans...

 

He has also now brought in his own Coaching team,so Bully et all moved on internally too...Yes other players remain,of course they do,what would satisfy you for 'change'? 11 out,11 in?....

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

As someone who only goes to away games I cudnt be less excited..can see away fans bein banned the entire season😵

Yeah,i know,,,,the normal,isnt very 'normal' at all is it? Dont see how venues,(not just football) can survive on the 25/30 % capacity they are allowed

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, parajack said:

Whats your point?...You asked a Q,i answered it,....You dont agree with my responce ,fine..Team has 11 players (+ subs obviously) Monk had no control over Fox & Fletcher leavingAas i said,he has dropped others(change doesnt mean they have to leave the club) so Westwood & Dawson as examples,not currently playing,so that would be 8 Players not 6.He has also in the past left Reach & Lee's out..we will see if they remain in his plans...

 

He has also now brought in his own Coaching team,so Bully et all moved on internally too...Yes other players remain,of course they do,what would satisfy you for 'change'? 11 out,11 in?....

 

My point is clear, it is hardly a revolutionary shifting as deadwood that people keep referring to (though not you as you said and given that my initial post in this thread did not quote or refer to you I don't know why you have felt the need to get involved of you don't feel deadwood has been moved on).

 

Westwood is another that hasn't been involved all year so not really relevant and Dawson will be in the squad so far from shifted out. As things stand our squad consists of around 12 or 13 players that Monk picked regularly in 2020 - hardly a shifting out of much deadwood that people keep referring to as an apparent significant positive - that's my point.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

 

Keep reading this in different threads. Tell me about all of the deadwood we have got rid of.


Hutch, FF, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Bullen, Weaver to name a few. All stale, many are the ‘nearly men’ time to move on.

Edited by robowl4life
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

My point is clear, it is hardly a revolutionary shifting as deadwood that people keep referring to (though not you as you said and given that my initial post in this thread did not quote or refer to you I don't know why you have felt the need to get involved of you don't feel deadwood has been moved on).

 

Westwood is another that hasn't been involved all year so not really relevant and Dawson will be in the squad so far from shifted out. As things stand our squad consists of around 12 or 13 players that Monk picked regularly in 2020 - hardly a shifting out of much deadwood that people keep referring to as an apparent significant positive - that's my point.

Your right,i misread one of your replies to someone else,getting old....So sorry if i responded a little harshly....No harm done,both sets of debate are valid,at the end of the day,its down to opinion,not 'fact'...If the lads get off to a good start,and get a few decent performances & wins under their belt,i think the supporters who maybe share your reservations,will have a little more to be optimistic about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robowl4life said:


Hutch, FF, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Bullen, Weaver to name a few. All stale, many are the ‘nearly men’ time to move on.

 

Hutch - completely away from the club since January

FF - hardly involved under Monk

Nuhiu - far from a bad influence and with 1 striker currently on the books and the clock ticking towards the start of the season time will tell if we will have a better option as a squad player who was rarely injured. Besides which reports suggest he might come back anyway.

Fletcher - as above lack of striking options now and the only one who could be relied upon to help us hold the ball up and score goals with any consistency. Right decision not to offer him anything like the wages he was on or wanted but far from a removal of 'deadwood'.

 

The change of coaching staff is potentially a good move but time will tell if it is marginal gains on the goalkeeper front as I don't think either Wildsmith or Dawson are good enough to be successful number ones at this level.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Your right,i misread one of your replies to someone else,getting old....So sorry if i responded a little harshly....No harm done,both sets of debate are valid,at the end of the day,its down to opinion,not 'fact'...If the lads get off to a good start,and get a few decent performances & wins under their belt,i think the supporters who maybe share your reservations,will have a little more to be optimistic about.

 

As I say I think your optimism may be somewhat misplaced and will put forward my opinions as to why but fair play to you for being so positive. I look forward to the time when we are back in the ground and regardless of how things are going the team will get my backing for 90mins+. Experience has me erring on the side of cautious pessimism, that way anything more is a pleasant bonus and I won't get even more disappointed by having gone in with high expectations!

 

:bullen:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Hutch - completely away from the club since January

FF - hardly involved under Monk

Nuhiu - far from a bad influence and with 1 striker currently on the books and the clock ticking towards the start of the season time will tell if we will have a better option as a squad player who was rarely injured. Besides which reports suggest he might come back anyway.

Fletcher - as above lack of striking options now and the only one who could be relied upon to help us hold the ball up and score goals with any consistency. Right decision not to offer him anything like the wages he was on or wanted but far from a removal of 'deadwood'.

 

The change of coaching staff is potentially a good move but time will tell if it is marginal gains on the goalkeeper front as I don't think either Wildsmith or Dawson are good enough to be successful number ones at this level.


Again, they’re all stale and very much the nearly men. Change was needed and well over due especially for the likes of Hutch, FF and Nuhiu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...