LETS HAVE IT!!!!!!!! OPTIMISM & POSITIVITY

1 hour ago, William 1867 said:

Why, what’s different?  Monk still here, 13 players have left and no players of note signed yet.

Really really hope I’m wrong but cannot see anything but relegation even without the - 12 points.

Not a chance we will get relegated 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William 1867 said:

Why, what’s different?  Monk still here, 13 players have left and no players of note signed yet.

Really really hope I’m wrong but cannot see anything but relegation even without the - 12 points.

I suspect you may have misread the thread title. 😁

• Haha 2

Just now, Paul.. said:

Sign 8 more decent players then come back to me.

I can see a couple of flaws here Grimmy.

Arguing over the definition of “decent” for one.

The ability of some to count to 8 being the other.

ps - 8 is another lucky number in Thailand. It’s a sign I tell thee.

Just now, theowlsman said:

I can see a couple of flaws here Grimmy.

Arguing over the definition of “decent” for one.

The ability of some to count to 8 being the other.

ps - 8 is another lucky number in Thailand. It’s a sign I tell thee.

The two we've signed so far seem decent, so 8 more like that!

• Like 1

The biggest attraction for people with a really horrifically negative viewpoint is a thread title with the words POSITIVE or POSITIVITY in them

It's like moths to a flame as they rush to post in it to try and bring everyone down to their negative mental state

Well its not working lads

Us positive ones aren't buying your negative vibes.

Not one bit!

We don't want them.

Go try selling them to someone else because we're remaining positive, enjoying the new signings coming in, a fresh new start, a new assistant manager, new coaches, new players, a total transition from the stale overpaid 'injured' bag egg poorly performing players into a bright new future under Garry Monk

If you want to be negative start a thread with NEGATIVITY in the title.

My guess?

Nobody would post in it

Why?

Because negative people don't post to other influence negative people.

They post in threads about positivity to try and infect the positive folks and bring them down to their negative state of mind

Well it's not working

We're bulletproof positive and enjoying life

So if you're of a negative stance, take your negativity, go write it all down, then sit in an empty bath and read it over and over and over until your drowning in your own negativity and end up getting sucked down the negative plughole into the sewer of negativeness

lol

This is a POSITIVE and POSITIVITY thread - hence the title - clear off you negative nancy's

UP THE OWLS AND ENJOY YA BATH!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

We have to have an optimistic outlook this season..I mean look at the alternatives!!!

We have to get behind whatever manager, whatever team , leave the old grudges behind..Its serious, it really is.

How much of a part the fans will play this coming season is a moot point, considring the restrictions..but We have to play a positive role, otherwise its gonna be a sad self fulfilling crock of crap.

I fervently hope this is ground zero, rock bottom, barrel scraping.....Time to haul our way out of this tawdry swamp.

Lets be honest....Survival in the Championship is a plus, owt else is gravy..F.ook the EFL, F.ook everybody else outside of The Wednesday.....Time to look after our own and anyone is not in the Stripes is fair game....

This downward spiral has to stop, the reasons for it have been gone over time and time again, its in the past...and we seriously have to let it lie there for a year....

• Like 1

As I said in another thread, a new season is like a box of chocolates.

30 goal strikers score 8 the following season. Crap teams from the season before do well. Teams expected to do well falter. The new star of the league couldn’t get a game for Macclesfield Town last season. The surprise team in the Premiership get relegated the following season.

A new season can be a great leveller. 

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Monk managed 4 wins out of twenty-three.

Points were cast away willy-nilly, even though a points deduction was looming.

The only hope we had was that a new manager be brought in.

We're going to have to wait until we're dead and buried for him to be dismissed.

How in God's name can anyone be optimistic.

jQH8e0.gif

• Haha 1

1 Banana 

2 Bannan 

3 Banana 

Wednesday you got me,wondering,

WEDNESDAY 

YOU GOT ME WONDERING

WEDNESDAY 

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

monk out......UTO....

• Love 1

2 hours ago, William 1867 said:

Do you really expect  us to challenge for a promotion place next season?.

Even if the Fans favourites had stayed that would not happen.

This just the 1st step on our way back, after being led up the garden path, recently by CC, and it will take at least this season and next to turn the tide.

Edited by adelphi1867

Love preseason & the transfer window. Everyone’s full of hope and every signing is greeted as though they are amongst the greatest players on the planet. We all have an idea of the perfect formation in our head and how every new player becomes a vital piece in that Wednesday jigsaw, with the promise of delivering attacking, entertaining football. In all honesty, we know the reality but at this point it’s all about possibilities and that’s why there should be no room for negativity during this period. It should be about who we are signing and what we can achieve together. If we lose every game in the season then that’s the time to whinge, but save it because nows the time for hope.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

As I said in another thread, a new season is like a box of chocolates.

30 goal strikers score 8 the following season. Crap teams from the season before do well. Teams expected to do well falter. The new star of the league couldn’t get a game for Macclesfield Town last season. The surprise team in the Premiership get relegated the following season.

A new season can be a great leveller. 

Yeah, not so long ago we were favourites for relegation and got to the play off final!