Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, s6 owl said:

Might aswell sign Forestieri and Hutchinson too.


Oh if they do, maybe once Butland sold they’ll want Westwood and if we ask nicely could do a swap for Joe Allan and Bannan? Probably too much to ask that  they fancy Lees too. 
 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given they are still receiving failure payments they can afford him. Good luck to him (except when playing us of course).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Don’t know anything about Stokes finances, but I thought they were in a difficult position given parachute payments are coming to end and they spent a bit with Rowett etc. So I wouldn’t have thought stoke would be willing to gamble on an older player with presumably fairly high wage... I can’t imagine he would have taken much of a pay cut.

 

Good luck to him though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I came to the party late with Fletcher, he was a useful player for us. Now though, it gives us the perfect opportunity to bring in better, or should I say different. This will be Monk’s biggest challenge, I feel

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He’s decent but seen better days . No major loss 

 

Depends who we replace him with. Fletcher and Murphy scored a significant chunk of our goals last season, who are you expecting to fill the void? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was rumoured he preferred to go to Celtic but they weren’t offering him the 2 years and 18k a week that Stoke was.
 

I like Fletcher, but that’s what his motivation is. He was injured for lengthy spells in everyone of his 4 years here.
 

As good as he is we can’t be offering those types of contracts anymore. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:


Oh if they do, maybe once Butland sold they’ll want Westwood and if we ask nicely could do a swap for Joe Allan and Bannan? Probably too much to ask that  they fancy Lees too. 
 

 

They were previously linked with Westwood. He’d be a decent signing for them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Interesting. Don’t know anything about Stokes finances, but I thought they were in a difficult position given parachute payments are coming to end and they spent a bit with Rowett etc. So I wouldn’t have thought stoke would be willing to gamble on an older player with presumably fairly high wage... I can’t imagine he would have taken much of a pay cut.

 

Good luck to him though. 

 

Saw some reports a couple of weeks ago that it was rumoured they offered around £18K per week, which was more than Celtic put on the table but much less than he was on with us, unsurprisingly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We simply can't afford/warrant a 2 year deal on 15k+ to an aging striker with his injury record. He was fantastic last season and i think he defo looks the fittest hes ever looked but i shudder when I think about the amount of money he had off us in the 4 years he was here. All the best to him 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Saw some reports a couple of weeks ago that it was rumoured they offered around £18K per week, which was more than Celtic put on the table but much less than he was on with us, unsurprisingly. 


Ah right. Fair enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Depends who we replace him with. Fletcher and Murphy scored a significant chunk of our goals last season, who are you expecting to fill the void? 

I don’t expect much but a 30k 12 goal striker who misses many matches , we an no longer afford. I just hope and prey we get lucky and stay up . The signs for the re build aren’t as terrible so far as I feared 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’d weep like a child ‘if’ he scores against us.

 

really thought he’d want to go back to Scotland - can’t need the money that bad?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To upgrade on Fletcher, with someone from this country, it’s gonna cost us at least £5m, unless we can do some sort of swap deal. I’d probably rather us look on the continent, France, Belgium, or even Germany, for a more all round centre forward. That type of centre forward is more readily available, than over here, where centre forwards, particularly at this level, seem to be more static. I liked the look of Meite, the guy Reading got on a free from PSG. I’m sure we can find someone like that, if we have the contacts. It was rumoured we were in the hunt for Samatta, who ended up at Villa, when Bruce was here. In the end, his price skyrocketed to well beyond what we could pay It was encouraging though, that we were looking at that type of forward

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...