Joost Van Aken is BACK

I hope he turns his career around here; the lad just needed to be blooded gradually to get used to the pace and physical side of the game. 

The Utd game at Hillsborough essentially ended his and CC’s Wednesday life

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Only played 15 times for us not all of those were terrible.  I’ll let Monk access as a former defender and see what happens.  Hopefully he can still come good, somehow 

We were playing some dire sideways football at the time, with the intent of playing defenders into trouble. 

9 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I hope he turns his career around here; the lad just needed to be blooded gradually to get used to the pace and physical side of the game. 

The Utd game at Hillsborough essentially ended his and CC’s Wednesday life

image.png.2f8b5def795f7d0fd84d914bd6bd6d2c.png

Taken to school by a pub team...

• Like 2

It's time we starting giving players a chance. Fox should be a prime example. I've not given up on Van Aken yet. There's something there with him. Failed under Jos as most did and became a scapegoat. I genuinely hope he proves us all wrong, just like the rest of the squad. We are starting the season on -12. Let's get behind these bar stewards and go for it !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

The guy just can't remain on his feet. Dives in unnecessarily and allows attackers to skip past him. He can make a pass but I want my CBs to be able to defend. 

Has the potential to be the David Luiz of the championship 

lol

• Like 1

He might be okay, playing the sweeper role, as a ball playing defender, but unless the defensive side of his game has improved dramatically, he would need 2 "proper" defenders alongside him.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see him breaking into our side next season.

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

We said that about Darko.

There’s plenty on here would have said that if Wednesday had signed Messi in his prime. Makes you wonder what the term ‘supporter’ actually means!
:ghoulguy:

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, marconi said:

We’re already 12 points behind, no time for experimenting with a weakling.

Had his chance, failed miserably.

Exactamondo..is biggest weakness is bein a weakling..hasn’t anybody down there thought..let’s feed him protein and get him in the gym🤔

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Nope. We just expected him to be better than bambi on ice. He was, after all, the best of 200 we scouted.

250..yet another who will be a millionaire by belonging to a good agency...wonder what former teammates of him and jp think when they go back home..

Edited by Therealrealist