Kachunga

He is NOT coming

He scored 12 league goals in his maiden year in English football after arriving from German second division side Ingolstadt.

Kachunga went on to play 128 times for the Terriers, scoring 16 goals, before departing the John Smith's Stadium at the end of last term.

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Kachunga went on to play 128 times for the Terriers, scoring 16 goals

Windass has scored 12 in his last 70, we are after him. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Will be a bit peed off if we are, I actually think Kachunga has a bit more to offer

That's how it is being reported, he have no interest in Kachunga but are trying hard to bring back Windass. Not convinced by either of them to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's how it is being reported, he have no interest in Kachunga but are trying hard to bring back Windass. Not convinced by either of them to be honest. 

No, me neither, but if I had to choose, it would be Kachunga

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Windass has scored 12 in his last 70, we are after him. 

Windass  averaged a goal every 221 minutes in the Championship last season and a goal every 156 minutes in a Wednesday shirt...despite missing a hatful of chances as well.

He'd be a decent addition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Windass  averaged a goal every 221 minutes in the Championship last season and a goal every 156 minutes in a Wednesday shirt...despite missing a hatful of chances as well.

Not convinced. Couldn't get a regular game despite the poor performances our squad were producing and most of his missed chances came against a QPR side that defended as badly as any side I've seen in years, even us!

Did OK as a sub when he scored against Derby and was lively against QPR but largely disappointing in all his other appearances, doesn't help that he isn't a stand out in any position. 

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not that convinced he would be overall really

He just doesn't seem to have the dynamic spark that we need

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not convinced. Couldn't get a regular game despite the poor performances our squad were producing and most of his missed chances came against a QPR side that defended as badly as any side I've seen in years, even us!

Did OK as a sub when he scored against Derby and was lively against QPR but largely disappointing in all his other appearances, doesn't help that he isn't a stand out in any position. 

He had a few niggly injuries which interrupted his time with us, but he looked determined, pacy and full of running. Plus he scored goals at a decent rate last season.

If we can get him fully fit and bed him into the team, he could be a real asset in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He had a few niggly injuries which interrupted his time with us, but he looked determined, pacy and full of running. Plus he scored goals at a decent rate last season.

If we can get him fully fit and bed him into the team, he could be a real asset in my opinion.

He couldn't get fully fit in 3 months off and I don't think he is particularly quick, the only time he looked like getting in behind was against a static QPR back line. 

He might be a decent squad player as he could be used in different roles & we need at least 3 forwards in but I'd want better options as strikers. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Kachunga went on to play 128 times for the Terriers, scoring 16 goals

2 of those seasons were in the PL and he’s played RW. 

Compare to some of our wingers...

Adam Reach 18 goals in 165 games for us. 

Kadeem Harris 8 goals in 100 Championship games. 

Edited by 0114