BREAKING NEWS - Garry Monk brings in new staff and appoints new assistant manager

Just now, latemodelchild said:

It's a step forwards. We need to change the culture at the club as far as having a soft underbelly is concerned. Too many late capitulations last season, stopping that has to be number 1 priority. Then build from the back. We have a basis of a defence, 2 decent midfielders in Luongo and Bannan, wingers who can play and a smattering of youth. Obviously we need another 6 plus players who are good enough for the match day squad but the management team will be aware of that. 

Let's see how things change before we start writing them off eh? 

Only working on their previous success. Like the admin of the site says, it's all about the facts. And the fgacts are, they have acheived NOTHING as a team.... nothing.

Maybe people are actually worried about this

Coaching career

On 13 May 2013, Beattie was appointed as Accrington Stanley's new manager replacing Leam Richardson,[37] but after 16 months in the post, Beattie left by mutual consent.[40] He managed for 58 matches with a win ratio of 27.6%.

On 16 June 2015, Beattie was appointed as a first-team coach at Premier League club Swansea City, coaching the team's forwards. He joined former teammate Garry Monk's coaching staff.[41] In December 2015, following Monk's dismissal as manager, Beattie left Swansea City alongside Pep Clotet and Kristian O'Leary.[42]

On 1 July 2016, Beattie rejoined Clotet and Monk at Championship club Leeds United as first-team coach.[43] With Beattie a vital part of the backroom team, Monk's Leeds side finished 7th in The Championship in 2016–17.[citation needed] On 25 May 2017, Monk resigned as Leeds United head coach, leaving behind his backroom staff at the club.[44]

On 21 June 2017, Beattie followed Monk to newly relegated Championship club Middlesbrough as a first-team coach.[45] On 23 December 2017, he was sacked along with Monk.[46]

Beattie was appointed first-team coach of Championship club Birmingham City when Monk took over as manager in March 2018.[47] After Monk was sacked, Beattie remained on the staff for a further season, albeit on "gardening leave", and left in August 2020 after the arrival of Aitor Karanka as manager.[48]

Beattie joined Sheffield Wednesday as assistant manager on 12 August 2020.[49]

I'm so excited such a successful team are working together lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Why? I don't understand that stance. Bullen has been useful to Chansiri with all the managerial changes over the years, and what's Weaver done wrong? 

Just answered your own question, we need to move on and be more dynamic than just the old crud, get rid of the 

dinosaurs, too many years with old scabby people in charge.

13 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Only working on their previous success. Like the admin of the site says, it's all about the facts. And the fgacts are, they have acheived NOTHING as a team.... nothing.

Maybe people are actually worried about this

Coaching career

On 13 May 2013, Beattie was appointed as Accrington Stanley's new manager replacing Leam Richardson,[37] but after 16 months in the post, Beattie left by mutual consent.[40] He managed for 58 matches with a win ratio of 27.6%.

On 16 June 2015, Beattie was appointed as a first-team coach at Premier League club Swansea City, coaching the team's forwards. He joined former teammate Garry Monk's coaching staff.[41] In December 2015, following Monk's dismissal as manager, Beattie left Swansea City alongside Pep Clotet and Kristian O'Leary.[42]

On 1 July 2016, Beattie rejoined Clotet and Monk at Championship club Leeds United as first-team coach.[43] With Beattie a vital part of the backroom team, Monk's Leeds side finished 7th in The Championship in 2016–17.[citation needed] On 25 May 2017, Monk resigned as Leeds United head coach, leaving behind his backroom staff at the club.[44]

On 21 June 2017, Beattie followed Monk to newly relegated Championship club Middlesbrough as a first-team coach.[45] On 23 December 2017, he was sacked along with Monk.[46]

Beattie was appointed first-team coach of Championship club Birmingham City when Monk took over as manager in March 2018.[47] After Monk was sacked, Beattie remained on the staff for a further season, albeit on "gardening leave", and left in August 2020 after the arrival of Aitor Karanka as manager.[48]

Beattie joined Sheffield Wednesday as assistant manager on 12 August 2020.[49]

I'm so excited such a successful team are working together lol

Stop bringing relevant facts to the table!

My only hope is that when Monk is about to make one of his masterstoke substitutions to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory that one of em says “are you absolutely sure about that Gary?”  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry, bit underwhelmed.........was hoping for hungry and passionate people from perhaps lower leagues, but we've gone for Garry's mates and together before what did they do, not too much??? Exciting football?? Achieved anything??

Meh...

Don't worry, will get behind them 100% but just doesn't excite me.

• Like 3

The club needed this as much as it needed new playing staff. A positive move from where we were whichever way you look at it.

This was inevitable, Beattie has been lined up ever since Monk got the job. He will have been privy to monks thoughts and plans throughout. He has had time to understand where we are, what we have and what we need. I expect things to really start gathering pace over the next week.

Interesting times...

11 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Don’t get this disrespect of Bullen on here. 

It’s because they/their mates got blocked by him on Twitter for tweeting him negative stuff 

Nothing more 

Its not ‘on here’ either - it’s all over the online fans whether it be here, Facebook or Twitter 

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I hate to be the one to break the news, but neither Pep nor Kloppo were interested in bringing their backroom team to S6.

We have to accept our reduced circumstances. And that means being realistic about back room appointments. Lets face it, anyone with a string of trophies and promotions will be in the market for a better job than anything we could offer.

• Like 2

Long over due in terms of strengthening the coaching staff. How many players in the last 5 years have come to Hillsborough and actually developed into better players?

Whether this new coaching team is right or not, non of us will know until we start playing again, but surely it cant get any worse. Particularly in an attacking sense where apart from Fletcher we have looked clueless and predictable and defensively where we have looked brittle and naive. 

Sad if Bullen goes, but maybe he wasnt up to it nice guy as he is..... only those inside the club will know.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Don’t get this disrespect of Bullen on here. 

Not disrespectful It’s lucky he’s got any role at the club at all he’s not exactly been a success in that role....

I will not dispute is loyalty to the club but unfortunately it comes with successYou can’t judge what he did in 2004/2008 we’ve got too many players what cling onto the club......

9 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I hate to be the one to break the news, but neither Pep nor Kloppo were interested in bringing their backroom team to S6.

We have to accept our reduced circumstances. And that means being realistic about back room appointments. Lets face it, anyone with a string of trophies and promotions will be in the market for a better job than anything we could offer.

poor, very poor. lol

Don't get me wrong, i see your point....

However, i'd have sooner we had gone for a raw up and coming team, than  a tried it, bankrupted em and failed team...again, and again, and again.

That's my concern.

I'll be shouting for em for success like most on here, but....  can't say i'm pleased with this choice at all.

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

However, i'd have sooner we had gone for a raw up and coming team, than  a tried it, bankrupted em and failed team...again, and again, and again.

Where and how have they failed?

I acknowledge the new team have plenty to prove. But I'm not sure it's fair to say they've failed.

• Like 1