BREAKING NEWS - Garry Monk brings in new staff and appoints new assistant manager

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Time now for those moaning about Monk to get put your gripes to one side, get behind him, back him, and give it 100% support

Must admit i'm salivating at the mouth knowing that he's working with the same team that have brought him so much fabulous success as a manager....... lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Think Beattie is the big appointment 

Get him amongst Jordan Rhodes sharpish 

Has there ever been examples of new backroom staff coming in and improving players when the manager has remained in place? 

I would of thought it's more about the managers tactics. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, deano said:

Has there ever been examples of new backroom staff coming in and improving players when the manager has remained in place? 

I would of thought it's more about the managers tactics. 

You think Jordan Rhodes form is all down to managers tactics ? 

16 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

What I don’t understand is people on here think Monk is great and they also think Bullen is great. So why have this years results been absolutely disastrous? It defies logic.

If anything I’d say majority on here are no fans of Monk or Bullen 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You think Jordan Rhodes form is all down to managers tactics ? 

No, not at all, my point is a different manager would probably make more of a difference than bringing in new backroom staff but I was wondering if there was evidence to the contrary. 

Hopefully the new appointments will see an upturn in performance and results. Has to be a positive. 

It's a step forwards. We need to change the culture at the club as far as having a soft underbelly is concerned. Too many late capitulations last season, stopping that has to be number 1 priority. Then build from the back. We have a basis of a defence, 2 decent midfielders in Luongo and Bannan, wingers who can play and a smattering of youth. Obviously we need another 6 plus players who are good enough for the match day squad but the management team will be aware of that. 

Let's see how things change before we start writing them off eh? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1