BREAKING NEWS - Garry Monk brings in new staff and appoints new assistant manager

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Time now for those moaning about Monk to get put your gripes to one side, get behind him, back him, and give it 100% support

Agree. It shouldn't need saying really. I wanted him gone but he gets a clean slate for the new season.

If he blots it with the negative crap we endured then he can expect the worst but until that happens good luck to him and more importantly, us.

Maybe his luck is finally changing.

• Thanks 1

Mr Chansiri has now backed Monk big time. I’m glad he’s got help and from reading about these newcomers, they would appear to have the balance to give us success as well as, perhaps, good contacts for the sort of player recruitment which is vital for us.

Hopefully we will now bring in the mixture of experienced leadership type players and hungry, quality, young players to give us the best chance of a great pre-season.

Positivity needed now- onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Maybe a 'proper' coaching structure will encourage teams to loan us players, especially strikers if beattie is recognised as improving Che Adams etc....

I've often wondered if our inability to secure half decent youngsters on loan from Premiership clubs is because their parent clubs don't trust us to look after and improve them.

For my money, the right backroom team - coaching, fitness, scouting - is every bit as important as the Manager.

I seem to remember reading that Bullen recently said he thought he was ready to take on a managerial role now or something to that effect. This is the perfect time for him to go and look for a job at a lower level to try and establish himself. He must have a pretty impressive looking CV to a L2 or non-league team looking for a new manager trying to prove himself.

Weaver might just consider stepping down and taking on Tommy Lee's old role now that he's moved on to the pigs.

Overall, it does feel like a really good move to have a bit of a clearout amongst the coaching staff to go with the clearout amongst the playing staff at S6.

9 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I've often wondered if our inability to secure half decent youngsters on loan from Premiership clubs is because their parent clubs don't trust us to look after and improve them.

For my money, the right backroom team - coaching, fitness, scouting - is every bit as important as the Manager.

And a couple of successes like the Chelsea players at derby last season can only help to attract loan players

28 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Why? I don't understand that stance. Bullen has been useful to Chansiri with all the managerial changes over the years, and what's Weaver done wrong? 

I define ‘being useful’ as willing to stand in when DC sacked the manager, which basically anyone would do in Bully’s position. 

Ive got respect for Bullen - But i do find it laughable when some call him legend etc. He was a decent CH / CB in the third division and we were promoted whilst he was captain. Legend? Nah. Good servant? Defo, and he obviously has taken the club to heart. 

Wish him the best anyway whatever happens. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Time now for those moaning about Monk to get put your gripes to one side, get behind him, back him, and give it 100% support

We have no other choice now but at least he has got is assistants sorted out.

Where does that leave Bullen,Weaver and Thomson?

Out of the door hopefully

• Like 1