BREAKING NEWS - Garry Monk brings in new staff and appoints new assistant manager

Just now, Jamie_W said:

Aye, this isn’t news, Monk was never leaving, most couldn’t get their head around that.

Yep. That is certainly true of me. His appointment made no sense and his retention makes even less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Time now for those moaning about Monk to get put your gripes to one side, get behind him, back him, and give it 100% support

The trouble is, if we struggle next season it will give even more ammo to the detractors.

Personally speaking, they seem like positive appointments. Hughes, in particular, seems to have an impressive resume.

Please let's give them a chance.

Good.

Irrespective of your views on Monk, the fact he had zero of his own coaching staff was mildly farcical.

If you're going to keep the guy as manager, then you've got to allow him to have some of his own people.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

The trouble is, if we struggle next season it will give even more ammo to the detractors.

Personally speaking, they seem like positive appointments. Hughes, in particular, seems to have an impressive resume.

Please let's give them a chance.

What difference will detractors make??

They will be playing in stadia with no fans to 'voice' any opinions.  Literally all Monk has to do is not go onto social media or owlstalk and he can be totally oblivious to the views of the fans.

I can boo until I'm blind but unless Garry Monk happens to be sitting next to me on my sofa he wont know any different.

Just now, mcmigo said:

What difference will detractors make??

They will be playing in stadia with no fans to 'voice' any opinions.  Literally all Monk has to do is not go onto social media or owlstalk and he can be totally oblivious to the views of the fans.

I can boo until I'm blind but unless Garry Monk happens to be sitting next to me on my sofa he wont know any different.

The plastic cut-outs have already sworn full loyalty to Monk otherwise they would not have got such good seats!