BREAKING NEWS - Garry Monk brings in new staff and appoints new assistant manager

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

I like what Hughes said about his time with Wilder...The first things are outrun, outfight and outplay teams regardless of anything else. I'll take that from any Wednesday team and I think the majority of our supporters will do the same.

Would always take that from any Wednesday team, trouble is it has been in short supply of late.

• Like 1

I like what Hughes said about his time with Wilder...The first things are outrun, outfight and outplay teams regardless of anything else. I'll take that from any Wednesday team and I think the majority of our supporters will do the same.

Agree, the first two have been missing for years.

• Like 1

I totally agree you have not earn the right to play football

17 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm not making a judgement about the accuracy of this particular issue as neither of us know at this stage how it will turn out. Rather, I'm making a broader philosophical point about our increasingly binary society and the hostility directed towards those who refuse to see it that way.

Is there a precise moment when day becomes night, your neighbour's music becomes too loud or a football manager ceases to be the most effective option for his club? 

The moment we kept losing games by half-time, conceding 2 goals per game on a regular basis makes it almost impossible to win games with anything like any regularity. The quality of the squad may have decreased and the loss of Fletcher was an issue but Monk failed to get anything like a competitive edge to the team for much of the second half of the season and his decisions saw results get worse. 

I bet Jordan Rhodes wishes you were less binary and more ambivalent about him! :ph34r:

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

These appointments clearly show he's going nowhere fast but there are now no excuses either. Let's hope Monk's the man. 

i think starting on -12 points is a valid excuse no matter who he brings in to help him