BREAKING NEWS - Garry Monk brings in new staff and appoints new assistant manager

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why do you think it’s “great news” that Monk has assembled most of the back room team that have been, at best, average in their previous assignments working together?

Klopp & Buvac would have been “great news”

(for Klopp & Buvac read Guardiola & Vilanova; Mourinho & Clarke; Ferguson & Kidd er al or even Redknapp & Bond)

Reuniting Monk’s team of journeymen, albeit a team that know each other’s methods, may improve things marginally but, given their past record and Monks start to life at S6, I just can’t see this as “Great mews”

I've been critical of Monk but he's essentially had to work with a skeleton crew. When he's been allowed to bring his chosen staff in he's overperformed with both Leeds and Birmingham. With Boro they were probably achieving par, in the play offs but it's never easy coming down and having a new management team.

Look at other teams who've been looking for a manager and they've settled with internal appointments, must be something in that. The best unemployed options must be asking for ridiculous demands.

18 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Legal reasons 

So he puts a whole swathe of our season at Jeopardy.... to wait for his mates and give em a payday ? 

Rather than look elsewhere, and get a team in that could have helped us last season.

Nice.  Chansiri's been stitched up big time.   Like Boro, Brum, Leeds, Swansea 

Edited by quinnssweetshop

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why do you think it’s “great news” that Monk has assembled most of the back room team that have been, at best, average in their previous assignments working together?

Klopp & Buvac would have been “great news”

(for Klopp & Buvac read Guardiola & Vilanova; Mourinho & Clarke; Ferguson & Kidd er al or even Redknapp & Bond)

Reuniting Monk’s team of journeymen, albeit a team that know each other’s methods, may improve things marginally but, given their past record and Monks start to life at S6, I just can’t see this as “Great mews”

Ridiculous comment. We’ve had weaver and bullen around for far too long. People have been crying out for some sort of change. At least these lot know each other and obviously have a good working relationship. Monk has made this happen whereas he had no choice before. 

There will be more solidarity in the dressing room which can only be more attractive when signing players. 

We just need to give this a bit of time now. If things are still bad by November/December then fair enough we can re evaluate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He seem's to have considered this  " the right team " before.

Successful eh ? lol

Mate - seriously...

Come on now...

Sitting there posting negativity?

Why not embrace the good times?

Welcome these people and get behind them?

Your logic is so flawed it's unreal

If everyone just hired the successful people who went onto always be successful then there would be no success at all in the lower leagues/teams would there?

People aren't repeatedly successful in this game - some flourish, some wither, some succeed

Get behind em

• Thanks 5

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I long for the day when we can welcome new signings and staff with a 'WELCOME TO SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!!' and nothing more

Simpler times when we could just be happy we got someone to come

Generally thats because of positivity in what we see.  All we see here is  a failed bumch of mates creaming the club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

So he puts a whole swathe of our season at Jeopardy.... to wait for his mates and give em a payday ? 

Rather than look elsewhere, and get a team in that could have helped us last season.

Give over now

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

Generally thats because of positivity in what we see.  All we see here is  a failed bumch of mates creaming the club.

Nope

Read the thread

It's literally only YOU thinking that

Nobody else

Everyone else is reading your nonsense and thinking you're being petty

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just look at their history. Another Charlie Chancer ******** up.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

TBF they have been quite successful together previously. Did well with both Leeds and Birmingham.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Give over now

So you don't think we could have done with a team round him from day one ?   

There were plenty of people out there that could have done a good job. He waited.

I'll get behind the team, you know i always do.... however, i just see one rolling rape of our club by people with zero interest other than to line their own pockets.

Doesn't that worry you for the future of our club ?   This team...... has been booted out of every club it's had a go at.... doesn't that throw up alarm bells ?

• Like 2

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

He seem,s to have considered this  " the right team " before.

Successful eh ? lol

Given that the grumbling of the last few months has ruled out anyone who has...

Fallen out with a couple of people

Been relegated

Made a few substitutions that irritated the crowd

Not won anything

Had some signings that didn't work out well

Been non-committal in interviews

Is "tactically naive" TM

Had a poor run of results

Not exhibited more charisma than Liberace

Ever been sacked...

And then you factor in our reduced circumstances in terms of squad, finances, points deduction and boardroom leadership...

Who is left that would still qualify?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Read the thread

It's literally only YOU thinking that

Nobody else

Everyone else is reading your nonsense and thinking you're being petty

Quite calmly, i'm not being petty.

Why the hell have we waited ? Seriously. Why ?
It's o/k saying legal reasons,but good grief, this team hasn't a scrap of success about them.

So many say that Beattie will have been working behind the scenes advising Monk etc during his wait to start.

How well did that do ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Just look at their history. Another Charlie Chancer ******** up.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

78 question marks........................good typing..........lol

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Well, apart from the fact that we're 12 points behind everyone else, have only got two thirds of a squad and most of what we do have aren't very good.

I was referring to quite a few posts on here bud.

Well the main excuse for us being pants since Christmas for those on here backing monk was, he has no coaches or backroom staff,he needs help becouse he cant do everything himself. 

Personally I don't have a problem with monk, I am though quite indifferent as to weather he's up to the job or not, I'm just hoping having his own n coaching team around him will help. 

15 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

How do know they didn't look else where?