Start Of Pre-Season

Let hope the kids are back too as we don't have enough players to play any games - I hope the club has used some brains and got 4 or 5 players in on trial over the next few weeks, as well as seeing if they are going to fit we can get them match fit instead of getting other teams cast offs that then take months to get fit.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Let hope the kids are back too as we don't have enough players to play any games - I hope the club has used some brains and got 4 or 5 players in on trial over the next few weeks, as well as seeing if they are going to fit we can get them match fit instead of getting other teams cast offs that then take months to get fit.

We’re going to get them match fit, then they’ll sign for someone else. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I would imagine that’s the same for every single club in all leagues right now?

perhaps but I doubt many teams have one striker on the books, especially in our league, and have such a massive rebuild to do. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We really need to pull our finger out and get some new players signed. One new player so far that we don’t know if he will be ready for first team football. Need the majority of the squad assembled ASAP to give them all a proper pre season. 

I would imagine that no one realises that more than those responsible for acquiring and preparing the squad. But we're hardly alone. Picking my way through a list of all recent transfers, it looks like all the Championship clubs put together have made about half a dozen signings between them this month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I would imagine that no one realises that more than those responsible for acquiring and preparing the squad. But we're hardly alone. Picking my way through a list of all recent transfers, it looks like all the Championship clubs put together have made about half a dozen signings between them this month.

It’s going to be a remarkable season. Owners can only guess what their income will be. They have no way of knowing what a sensible level of investment is. Contracts will be short. Loans and single-season offers will dominate.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Not sure without looking at Championship current squads, but where we’re light on strikers others might be light on midfielders or defenders or just don’t have a big squad at all and no youth players capable of making the step up.

its going to be tough for the majority under current conditions.

Problem is we are light on everyone

We need a championship quality keeper if Westwood is gone, we need a left back, a right back, a right winger and a striker and that is just so we can play a first 11 we then need options so another striker or 2 and another winger.

We are looking at about 6-10 players depending who we move on.

We cannot afford to have Westwood and Rhodes at the club not playing and the best part of £60k a week for the two of them they really need to be gone. I don't want another £3-4m quid wasted and they leave next summer on frees.

So much to be done and we have 31 days before the 1st game of the season.

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We cannot afford to have Westwood and Rhodes at the club not playing and the best part of £60k a week for the two of them they really need to be gone. I don't want another £3-4m quid wasted and they leave next summer on frees.

In the current climate, absolutely nobody will take them, even on a free transfer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Not sure without looking at Championship current squads, but where we’re light* on strikers others might be light on midfielders or defenders or just don’t have a big squad at all and no youth players capable of making the step up.

its going to be tough for the majority under current conditions.

*Anorexic

Would be an easy job being the forwards coach this week.

’ Jordan, fancy lacing a few son?’

’ No Jordan kick it that way’

’ jordan, let’s focus on getting on end of the cross before we stick up the old thumb to say good ball’

’ see you tomorrow jordan’

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

We really need to pull our finger out and get some new players signed. One new player so far that we don’t know if he will be ready for first team football. Need the majority of the squad assembled ASAP to give them all a proper pre season. 

Wow what a revolutionary thought

Good job you raised it I bet none of the club management team had thought of this

Should we panic?