Gareth Bale

Rogers

What a waste of talent, he seems to have fallen out of love with the game and is happy to sit at home getting his money. 

Why would he be upset at not being allowed to go to China? Why would you want to play there? (Apart from for the money)

Where’s the romance gone hey. When I was a kid I dreamed about playing football, imagining what it would be like to play at the top; trying to replicate the stars of the game in the playground. 

Do this still exist? 

• Like 1

But isn’t it Bale was doing well , scoring goals etc. Then the manager came in and told him he wasn’t wanted, didn’t like him. The manager went and he started doing well again. The manager came back in and told him the same things but this got the President on board and in fact said he would only take the job if Bale was removed from the club.

Bale went to Madrid in good faith and to be treat like this is appalling. I think I would do the same in just sit down on the bench and take the money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owl_83 said:

But isn’t it Bale was doing well , scoring goals etc. Then the manager came in and told him he wasn’t wanted, didn’t like him. The manager went and he started doing well again. The manager came back in and told him the same things but this got the President on board and in fact said he would only take the job if Bale was removed from the club.

Bale went to Madrid in good faith and to be treat like this is appalling. I think I would do the same in just sit down on the bench and take the money.

If you get told you’re not wanted, go and play for Roma, Marseille, Paris, Arsenal, Man Utd. 

you'll still make a fortune 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

If you get told you’re not wanted, go and play for Roma, Marseille, Paris, Arsenal, Man Utd. 

you'll still make a fortune 

Well yes. 

But I thought that Madrid did not want to sell him to a league or Champions League rival. So that's where China come into it. There are not many clubs who could afford Bale and not be in the Champions League or have a chance of winning it. Bale agreed to go to China but at the 11th hour Madrid wanted a hefty transfer fee. The Chinese club pulled the plug and so Bale decided to put two fingers up and just sit out his contract. I'm sure anyone on this forum would do the same. 

• Like 1

The same Gareth Bale that’s won 4 Champions Leagues, including a MOTM performance in the 2018 final, 2 La Liga titles, a host of other cups, personal accolades, lead his country to a semi-final at a major tournament for the first time in their history?

Aye, right waste of talent, him..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

The same Gareth Bale that’s won 4 Champions Leagues, including a MOTM performance in the 2018 final, 2 La Liga titles, a host of other cups, personal accolades, lead his country to a semi-final at a major tournament for the first time in their history?

He virtually single-handedly won the game against Liverpool and with an overhead kick and one of the best goals ever seen in a Champions League Final.

His nickname is The Golfer, his face doesn’t fit (Ramos runs the dressing room) and he never learnt the language properly but his ability is not in question only his “attitude”.

He gets some reyt stick in Marca.  I think he just thinks Oh fuckoff!

• Thanks 1

How many of you would take a pay cut to continue to do the same job?? It’s principle. Madrid can pay him up and, make him a free agent of they wish. If they don’t he’s well within his rights to stay and, get paid for the service he’s providing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

How many of you would take a pay cut to continue to do the same job?? It’s principle. Madrid can pay him up and, make him a free agent of they wish. If they don’t he’s well within his rights to stay and, get paid for the service he’s providing. 

If I was earning Hundreds of thousands a week; it wouldn’t bother me to too much to earn slightly less if I got to enjoy football. In a career that only last 10-15 years. 

The same principle doesn’t work for the average man on the street struggling to pay bills 

Edited by Rogers

35 minutes ago, Rogers said:

If I was earning Hundreds of thousands a week; it wouldn’t bother me to too much to earn slightly less if I got to enjoy football. In a career that only last 10-15 years. 

The same principle doesn’t work for the average man on the street struggling to pay bills 

Earn slightly less? He’s on £675,000 a week. He’ll be halving his wages as a minimum to move on. That’s not a slight wage reduction. 

Granted a footballers career lasts 10-15 years you’re right. Even more of a reason to make as much money as he possibly can. Gareth Bale moves to Real Madrid on the basis of his incredible form at Spurs. He earned the move and, the wages which came with it. He’s performed consistently to a very high standard, with match winning goals in numerous cup finals. He’s been frozen out through no fault of his own, if he’s happy in Madrid, why should he move? 

Madrid are the ones blocking the move, they want a hefty transfer fee. 

• Like 1

Tbf, he has been treated like crap there.

Zidane publically announces he's off and then Real pull the plug on the deal last minute.

He is continually vilified in the press over there.

Not sure I have any sympathy for Real in this situation.

Plus - no one us going to take him on those wages.

• Like 1

he as to do whats best for himself  .....real madrid have to do whats best for them .........if neither are prepared to bend then he sits out his contract which probably benefits  bale rather than the club . .......whos got the moral high ground ?....i dont know 

11 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

He has wasted the last couple of years when he should still be in the prime of his career.

3 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Earn slightly less? He’s on £675,000 a week. He’ll be halving his wages as a minimum to move on. That’s not a slight wage reduction. 

Granted a footballers career lasts 10-15 years you’re right. Even more of a reason to make as much money as he possibly can. Gareth Bale moves to Real Madrid on the basis of his incredible form at Spurs. He earned the move and, the wages which came with it. He’s performed consistently to a very high standard, with match winning goals in numerous cup finals. He’s been frozen out through no fault of his own, if he’s happy in Madrid, why should he move? 

Why shouldn't they want a transfer fee? They haven't blocked any move to a Champions League rival, its just that the Chinese club were the only ones will to stump up for his wages. 

Imagine having to live off £300K a week, how would he cope eh? He is currently being spoken of for all the wrong reasons where he could have chosen to play for less and continue to be one of the best players in the world. Pretty sure Wednesday players have been widely criticised for being money grabbers in recent seasons, seems its OK when its not your club the money is being grabbed from.

4 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

So the romance of football is dead. It’s all about money, even if you don’t play. 

All the press are saying they’ll release him for free. So not sure why Madrid are blocking him from leaving. 

Edited by Rogers

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why shouldn't they want a transfer fee? They haven't blocked any move to a Champions League rival, its just that the Chinese club were the only ones will to stump up for his wages. 

Imagine having to live off £300K a week, how would he cope eh? He is currently being spoken of for all the wrong reasons where he could have chosen to play for less and continue to be one of the best players in the world. Pretty sure Wednesday players have been widely criticised for being money grabbers in recent seasons, seems its OK when its not your club the money is being grabbed from.

It really doesn’t matter what his wages are, it’s widely accepted that he’ll have to take around a 50% cut to move. Why should he? He’s not having to move due to poor performances, poor attitude etc, he’s having to move because the manager doesn’t like him. That’s Madrid’s problem not Bale’s. Just because footballers earn obscene amount of money, doesn’t make that different to anyone else. If he was a film star, CEO of a large company, or even a championship footballer, nobody at all would be trying to justify him needing to take a 50% pay cut.

Our players were criticised because, barring fletcher, they spent the majority of their time here causing more problems than they’d solved. Bale on the other hand, turned in match winning performances in numerous cup finals and, has been frozen out because Zidane has a chip on his shoulder. He’s had a phenomenal career at the Bernabeu, people are quick to forget that.

He’s being spoke about for all the wrong reasons because, people are too narrow minded to look at situation as a whole, it’s automatically Bales fault. Has Bale been fined due to refusing to play? Nope. Has he refused to train? Nope. He’s fulfilling his contractual requirements. Real Madrid are choosing the ignore one of the best players in the world. He’s been frozen out. That’s Real Madrid’s problem, nobody else’s. If he’s such a big problem, pay him up. Job done. 

• Like 3