Tramlines 2021

BIG D

Dizzee Rascalls set was ok then he played Bonkers twice and it became amazing. Brilliant atmosphere. Watched about half hour of Supergrass and they bored me to death. 

The Snuts were incredible and really really good live. Think they’ll go far those boys. 

Best 5 sets of the weekend for me.

Blossoms (love those boys)

The Snuts

Royal Blood

Readers

Dizzee

Edited by Night King
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Night King said:

Dizzee Rascalls set was ok then he played Bonkers twice and it became amazing. Brilliant atmosphere. Watched about half hour of Supergrass and they bored me to death. 

The Snuts were incredible and really really good live. Think they’ll go far those boys. 

Best 5 sets of the weekend for me.

Blossoms (love those boys)

The Snuts

Royal Blood

Readers

Dizzee

My top 5 similar .........

1.  Dizzee - never thought in a million years I would type that !!

2.  Royal Blood

3.  The Snuts

4.  The Reytons - for the sheer mentalness of the mosh pit (although only trouble I saw)

5.  Blossoms - they have become such a polished act

Honourable mention for Sophie Ellis Bexter after the Wife dragged me to watch half the set, The Fratellis, Pigeon Detectves and sorry to a couple of the haters but Dearne Valleys finest The Sherlocks.

Big disappointment from The Streets and the 4 tracks I watched of The Kooks - I should have stayed for the full SEB set.

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

My top 5 similar .........

1.  Dizzee - never thought in a million years I would type that !!

2.  Royal Blood

3.  The Snuts

4.  The Reytons - for the sheer mentalness of the mosh pit (although only trouble I saw)

5.  Blossoms - they have become such a polished act

Honourable mention for Sophie Ellis Bexter after the Wife dragged me to watch half the set, The Fratellis, Pigeon Detectves and sorry to a couple of the haters but Dearne Valleys finest The Sherlocks.

Big disappointment from The Streets and the 4 tracks I watched of The Kooks - I should have stayed for the full SEB set.

Reytons not my cup of tea but the youth love them and the band looked like they were having the best day of their life’s so fair play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Did anyone go to the most important part of tramlines?

The fringe in City Centre?

That was the sad thing about no reentry rules. If we would have been able to leave and return to main festival we would have explored the fringe.

Early Bird Tickets on sale at 6pm tonight.   

Looks as though Chansiri has got hold of the pricing as gone from £49.50 to £79.95.  Appreciate they missed a years festival.  

More annoyed at myself as stupidly got a refund on 2 spare tickets rather than rolling over - Doh !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Early Bird Tickets on sale at 6pm tonight.   

Looks as though Chansiri has got hold of the pricing as gone from £49.50 to £79.95.  Appreciate they missed a years festival.  

More annoyed at myself as stupidly got a refund on 2 spare tickets rather than rolling over - Doh !!

Know what you mean about the prices but the first couple of early bird sales used to be ridiculously cheap. I doubt it will but hopefully the extra revenue will increase the quality of the line up and they can carry on establishing the festival. Not many bigger festivals capacity wise then this in the UK. I sort of feel with a bit more investment and revenue it could easily watch something like TRNSMT in Glasgow. Music fans have proven its sustainability by selling 30000 plus weekend tickets for 3 festivals running. 

• Like 1

But I also think part of its attraction to Sheffield folk is the price of the tickets as I get the impression most people aren’t overly bothered about who’s playing outside of the names at the top and I don’t even think that would be important to about 15% of the punters. 

Absolutely delighted to get an email from Tramlines confirming our tickets have been rolled over again after I completed the official form and uploaded evidence to state we had been told told to Isolate / Quarantine. 

I think that's an excellent gesture to be honest. 

• Love 2

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Did anyone go to the most important part of tramlines?

The fringe in City Centre?

Yes...though I don't remember much of it. 

Sorry. 

I had a some sort of pineapple drink which was laced with spirits and then I sort of woke up the next day. 

Think I went to the Gatsby and fell over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Night King said:

Know what you mean about the prices but the first couple of early bird sales used to be ridiculously cheap. I doubt it will but hopefully the extra revenue will increase the quality of the line up and they can carry on establishing the festival. Not many bigger festivals capacity wise then this in the UK. I sort of feel with a bit more investment and revenue it could easily watch something like TRNSMT in Glasgow. Music fans have proven its sustainability by selling 30000 plus weekend tickets for 3 festivals running. 

Yes, realistically to pay £45 for a 3 day Festival is robbery. 

Wentworth Festival charge that for 1 day to see Dr and the Medics and Toby Foster. 

• Haha 1

Was a bit shocking seeing food and drink prices. £6.20 for a pint of Red Stripe, £6 pint of Amstel and £5.50 can of red stripe. Bit of robbery there. Plus food, noodle bar was delicious, but £10 for a box of noodles which was about 50% of the portion you'd get at a takeaway. I know what festival food and drinm is like and I know its always more expensive but £16 for some noodles and a can of red stripe stung a bit. Still paid it like we all do. 

Went to Leopold Square for a few hours which was really good. Always worth checking out if you are going to the "Fringe". 

Then went down Division Street and popped in a few places, then went to the Fringe itself for a bit...then missing scenes...and then in the Gatsby before heading home. 

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Was a bit shocking seeing food and drink prices. £6.20 for a pint of Red Stripe, £6 pint of Amstel and £5.50 can of red stripe. Bit of robbery there. Plus food, noodle bar was delicious, but £10 for a box of noodles which was about 50% of the portion you'd get at a takeaway. I know what festival food and drinm is like and I know its always more expensive but £16 for some noodles and a can of red stripe stung a bit. Still paid it like we all do. 

Daylight robbery really, hardly a surprise loads of people (including me) decided to take their own booze in. No chance I’m paying £6 for an Amstel pint, £6 for a 330ml can of cider as well. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Night King said:

Tickets sorted at 1801. Lots of issues though. Let me through twice to sort a mate out. 

Ffs how????

Started queuing at 17:55,  selected different tiers twice, kicked back in queue,  eventually got tied one 5 mins ago

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yes...though I don't remember much of it. 

Sorry. 

I had a some sort of pineapple drink which was laced with spirits and then I sort of woke up the next day. 

Think I went to the Gatsby and fell over. 

Sounds like you had a far better Tramlines that anyone who was subjected to Sundara Karma 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Yes, realistically to pay £45 for a 3 day Festival is robbery. 

Wentworth Festival charge that for 1 day to see Dr and the Medics and Toby Foster. 

I would have gone to the Wentworth one but the price is just a bit too high for me and for what it is 

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

Ffs how????

Started queuing at 17:55,  selected different tiers twice, kicked back in queue,  eventually got tied one 5 mins ago

Same here, got kicked out twice.

Still, can’t grumble at £110 for 3 days. 

• Like 1