34 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Timing of the accounts and the fact the SWFC launched an arbitration case against the EFL in December 2019. Before that was resolved the disciplinary proceedings couldn't proceed.

I  also understood that the 3 year rolling period continues to roll. I think it was Kieran Maguire who's talked about a reset, citing the Birmingham case. But there's nothing in the orginal EFL v BCFC decision from March 2019 that says that. I've been unable to find the published decision of the Disciplinary Commission that dismissed a further misconduct charge agianst BCFC in March 2020 (for not following an agreed buisness plan) or the appeal decison, which the EFL won but resulted in no further penalty. There seems to be no one place where decisions of Disciplinary Commissions or League Arbitration Panels are published.

It's very simple look at Birmingham's accounts for 2018 (lost over £30m) If it didn't reset then explain why they didn't break the £39m and get point deduction for 2017, 2018 &,2019.

28 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Timing of the accounts and the fact the SWFC launched an arbitration case against the EFL in December 2019. Before that was resolved the disciplinary proceedings couldn't proceed.

I  also understood that the 3 year rolling period continues to roll. I think it was Kieran Maguire who's talked about a reset, citing the Birmingham case. But there's nothing in the orginal EFL v BCFC decision from March 2019 that says that. I've been unable to find the published decision of the Disciplinary Commission that dismissed a further misconduct charge agianst BCFC in March 2020 (for not following an agreed buisness plan) or the appeal decison, which the EFL won but resulted in no further penalty. There seems to be no one place where decisions of Disciplinary Commissions or League Arbitration Panels are published.

There has to be a reset or you could be under embargo for 3 years and have to suffer points deductions.

Say, for instance, you overspent by £18m (on top of the £13m allowable in the last accounts and the other 2 periods in the rolling accounts you lost the max £13m each year. You received a 12 point deduction for the overspend. 

Then the next years assessment you have £44m before you add the current year so bound to fail again.

What the EFL do is start the measuring again having punished a club for their overspend but this does not mean you have 3 years to comply with the £39m limit as you have to keep to the maximum £13m per year.

21 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Problem is Parry isn't a dictator. As chairman of a member-owned EFL he needs to get backing of the 72 member clubs to change the regulations

Parry is going to have a lot of problems to solve over the next season or two. Other clubs will be at risk of failing P&S this coming year before COVID kicked in.

A significant loss of income over the last 9 games of last season and a continuation of losses in the coming season is going to make restricting losses close to impossible for a far few.

41 minutes ago, Triple O said:

There has to be a reset or you could be under embargo for 3 years and have to suffer points deductions.

Say, for instance, you overspent by £18m (on top of the £13m allowable in the last accounts and the other 2 periods in the rolling accounts you lost the max £13m each year. You received a 12 point deduction for the overspend. 

Then the next years assessment you have £44m before you add the current year so bound to fail again.

What the EFL do is start the measuring again having punished a club for their overspend but this does not mean you have 3 years to comply with the £39m limit as you have to keep to the maximum £13m per year.

I know. The next relevant monitoring period following BCFC's 9 points deduction for 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 would have been 2016/17 and 2017/18 and 2018/19 with losses of £12.9, £33.8, £8.4 (unadjusted for P&S allowances). That would have put their aggregate loss at over £50m, bigger than the aggregate loss of £48.7 that they were originally done for. 
They were only able to get down to that level by selling St Andrews for £22.8m too. The regulations themselves don't appear to say anything about what happens to P&S assessments following a sanction.

We know that Birmingham had a business plan imposed on them, so its not just a clean slate re-set.

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Problem is Parry isn't a dictator. As chairman of a member-owned EFL he needs to get backing of the 72 member clubs to change the regulations

But as leader, he could lead by saying what he thinks, if the members don't like it then so be it, but shut up about the failure payments

3 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

We can't keep blaming parachute payments for everything, literally everything bad that happens to us.

So we've got £39M over three years and they have their FIRST payment of £45M...we wouldn't be scuffling about if that £45M was the the FFP limit for ALL the clubs so individual clubs have the chance to spend within their means and not trying to circumvent the rules because they are not allowed to spend.

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

So we've got £39M over three years and they have their FIRST payment of £45M...we wouldn't be scuffling about if that £45M was the the FFP limit for ALL the clubs so individual clubs have the chance to spend within their means and not trying to circumvent the rules because they are not allowed to spend.

As I have said before, and will keep saying. It wouldn't have mattered what spending cap was applied, Chansiri would have found a way to go over it.

The bloke has got blancmange for a brain.

14 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

As I have said before, and will keep saying. It wouldn't have mattered what spending cap was applied, Chansiri would have found a way to go over it.

The bloke has got blancmange for a brain.

Yeah we get it...you don't want DC at the club...good job he kept Monk on as well...means you have a raison d'être for all of next season    lol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah we get it...you don't want DC at the club...good job he kept Monk on as well...means you have a raison d'être for all of next season    lol 

My rasion d'être in football terms is 2 fold:

First to support Wednesday and second, just maybe see them do well from time to time.

On the first point, DC isn't Wednesday as far as I am concerned, and on the second, I believe he is severely holding us back.

If you support him then fair play, but I honestly think he is a walking disaster where business administration is concerned.

• Like 1