Hungry lower league players

20 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

You need to invest so much time into scouring the lower leagues.

Exactly what Wilder has done and they're reaping the benefits. 

As a lower league manager for so long he had a head start. Had seen players at first hand over a number of seasons playing against his teams.

34 minutes ago, Blatter said:

As a lower league manager for so long he had a head start. Had seen players at first hand over a number of seasons playing against his teams.

That’s true, he did They are now moving away from that policy now, and are trying to add a bit of extra quality

42 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Perry NG - Crewe rb, 24 captain material and we’re not blessed with right backs Odubajo has had a mare and Palmer is league one standard 

I'm a big fan. Can fill in at CB as well. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s true, he did They are now moving away from that policy now, and are trying to add a bit of extra quality

Yep, be interesting to see how that works out. Best of luck to him dealing with some inflated egos.

21 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Yep, be interesting to see how that works out. Best of luck to him dealing with some inflated egos.

I think he’s got his head screwed on, Mousset might turn out to be decent, and I like the look of the Norwegian guy. Talking about trying to bring back Brooks as well. He will establish them in that league, no problem

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think he’s got his head screwed on, Mousset might turn out to be decent, and I like the look of the Norwegian guy. Talking about trying to bring back Brooks as well. He will establish them in that league, no problem

Think you’re right. He’ll have his work cut out though.

On 11/08/2020 at 14:53, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think many people would argue about trying to sign good players in early 20s that deserve a chance in the Championship.
Problem is 80% of clubs are trying to do the same.
But as Brentford have showed it is possible.

Good luck to Brentford But this  lazy 'Brentford pick up frees turn them in to gold' myth refuses to die.

Brentfords first choice defence cost:

RB 0.6M from L1

CH 5.3M from Championship 

CH 3.2M from Championship 

LB 1.6M from Denmark

I cant be arzed to keep going.

Id be happy if we were going to spend 11 million on our defence next year.

And, like us, they didnt actually go up.

They do sell them at the right time though...

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 15:00, ZicoSterland2 said:

We haven't got the cash for ready mades. We need to scout and take a risk or two. We never seem to look at the african markets were fast strong mobile players are the norm or in North Africa more technically gifted players can be found.

Absolutely zero chance of them getting a work permit, so that's a non-starter

10 minutes ago, Minton said:

You’d think wouldn’t you, but I mentioned in the academy thread, that we have a link up with an Elite Academy that supplies our academy with some of the best teens from places like Nigeria, Cameroon and Zimbabwe. Think it’s a fairly recent partnership, but I believe some are already coming through the system, and are playing with our U16s

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

You’d think wouldn’t you, but I mentioned in the academy thread, that we have a link up with an Elite Academy that supplies our academy with some of the best teens from places like Nigeria, Cameroon and Zimbabwe. Think it’s a fairly recent partnership, but I believe some are already coming through the system, and are playing with our U16s

They must already have something that qualifies them for citizenship (parent or grandparent) if that is the case. Currently it's almost impossible to get a non-EU player a permit unless they have played in 80% of their nation's games in the last 2 years (that's for nations outside the FIFA top 30 I believe).

Once the new regulations kick in after leaving the EU, it will either be much harder or much easier to get these permits (nobody knows yet as they haven't told anyone what they're planning)

Just now, Minton said:

They must already have something that qualifies them for citizenship (parent or grandparent) if that is the case. Currently it's almost impossible to get a non-EU player a permit unless they have played in 80% of their nation's games in the last 2 years (that's for nations outside the FIFA top 30 I believe).

Once the new regulations kick in after leaving the EU, it will either be much harder or much easier to get these permits (nobody knows yet as they haven't told anyone what they're planning)

Possibly yes, and maybe they qualify if they are schooling here?

51 minutes ago, Minton said:

Many have French or Italian passports and can get work permits. Southampton have signed an african player today. There are plenty in the english game its how you bring them onboard. African football is a source of talent that is definitely cheaper than english recruitment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Many have French or Italian passports and can get work permits. Southampton have signed an african player today. There are plenty in the english game its how you bring them onboard. African football is a source of talent that is definitely cheaper than english recruitment. 

Every pool of talent in the world is cheaper than buying young, talented English players. 

That is part of the reason why I'm so pro giving youth a chance. Few good games, couple of decent goals and all out of sudden we might have expensive youngsters on our hands. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That’s a bit of an out of the box sort of thing. Something you wouldn’t associate with us?

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

That’s a bit of an out of the box sort of thing. Something you wouldn’t associate with us?

Maybe things are changing mate, maybe changes have been going on for a while. These things take time to come to fruition, and from the little I know, these lads were in our age groups at least two years ago

5 hours ago, Nero said:

Good luck to Brentford But this  lazy 'Brentford pick up frees turn them in to gold' myth refuses to die.

Brentfords first choice defence cost:

RB 0.6M from L1

CH 5.3M from Championship 

CH 3.2M from Championship 

LB 1.6M from Denmark

I cant be arzed to keep going.

Id be happy if we were going to spend 11 million on our defence next year.

And, like us, they didnt actually go up.

They do sell them at the right time though...

I personally don't understand why a few people on here seem to have such resentment for them punching well above their weight, doing it within the rules and one source reckoned that the team who came within 90 minutes of the Premier League had the division's fourth lowest budget. How does all of that compare with us, especially when you factor in them routinely having average home attendances half the size of ours? 

But if that list shames us; how about this one? Here's a few examples of their recent transfer activity...

BOUGHT (£m)      SOLD (£m)

Neal Maupay             1.6                    19.8

Chris Mepham       (B team)               12.2

Andre Gray                0.6                    11.1

Ezri Konsa                 2.5                    12.0 

Scott Hogan               0.8                     9.5 

Ryan Woods              1.0                     6.5

Jota                            1.2                     5.7

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I personally don't understand why a few people on here seem to have such resentment for them punching well above their weight, doing it within the rules and one source reckoned that the team who came within 90 minutes of the Premier League had the division's fourth lowest budget. How does all of that compare with us, especially when you factor in them routinely having average home attendances half the size of ours? 

But if that list shames us; how about this one? Here's a few examples of their recent transfer activity...

BOUGHT (£m)      SOLD (£m)

Neal Maupay             1.6                    19.8

Chris Mepham       (B team)               12.2

Andre Gray                0.6                    11.1

Ezri Konsa                 2.5                    12.0 

Scott Hogan               0.8                     9.5 

Ryan Woods              1.0                     6.5

Jota                            1.2                     5.7

We have a consultant helping us with our transfer approach though so we have nothing to worry about on this score apparently. 

:Chansiri: