Jump to content

Factual reason to fully back Garry Monk to get us safely out of the -12 deduction


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, flo said:

I think he'll keep monk as that's the cheapest thing to do and then get someone in for a league 1 rebuild the year after. 

What is the matter with my fellow Wednesday fans? wheres your fight? your ambition? Your sense of perspective?...we haven't so much as kicked a ball,in anger yet...!!!  Mate your sounding like (respectfully!! not personal) the same attitude of allegedly some of the 'players' we had...

 

We are in no way predetermined to be relegated next season.....As 'Sir les Patterson' once quipped,this forum(of moaners..) is as full as a Pommie complaints box...

WAWAW....is what we put,lets let it fcuking mean something

 

last season,has gone,this season beckons....we start-12.....we have the Manager we have.......lets get behind him,the team,and show  everyone that we are Sheffield Wednesday SUPPORTERS..      leave the past where it belongs,and lets concern ourselves with next seasons 'stats' not the last

 

Airborne/Ubique

Edited by parajack
speling(or even 'spelling')
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, parajack said:

.we have the Manager we have.

 

Sort of ends the thread really 

As an example,  maybe getting somewhere with this bloke is as easy as it is jumping out of an herc with the para door shut the ramp closed and awash with pi55 from the bog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Hows it been for them the past 5 years then ? lol

 

 

 

 

You might wanna read the latest announcement of the new assistant manager


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

 

Sort of ends the thread really 

As an example,  maybe getting somewhere with this bloke is as easy as it is jumping out of an herc with the para door shut the ramp closed and awash with pi55 from the bog.

trust me......the Hercs **** all,compared to the 'Balloon'(no longer done)....ha ha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday wont get out the bottom 3 all season IMO.

 

Would have been better off having the points deducted this season and rebuild from scratch in League 1.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Wednesday wont get out the bottom 3 all season IMO.

 

Would have been better off having the points deducted this season and rebuild from scratch in League 1.

 

If supporters are not allowed back this year there may not be a league 1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most positive news we’ve had for a while regarding monk bringing in his own team. At least things are going on behind the scenes. But, we’ve got one hell of a job staying up this coming season. Recruitment needs to be spot on and it won’t be easy getting it right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, parajack said:

Not the alleged poor attitude,& lack of professionalism of very well paid players than,?many of whom allegedly clearry didnt give a ****,and were called ?out for it? Or those who were dropped again?   No reason given but why would 2 different Managers find the need to both drop the same  Players? & refuse to play them?

 

What about those who were 'injured'? allegedly conveniently? or those whose 'form' fell off a cliff? Or those who received full pay during furlough,but wouldn't  stay for a Month to help the Club?

Monks part of the problem? NO he stood up,to 'the problem' can not judge Monk on what happened last season.The 'stats' reflect on the Players,those on the pitch, those doing Schoolboy defending,and unable(allegedly unwilling? )to play through 90 + minutes without conceding,silly preventable goals,and goal scoring chances.

 

Yet he kept picking the players that kept letting him down. Of course the players also have a responsibility but ultimately the performance of the team rests on the shoulders of the manager and he has not been good enough. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Yet he kept picking the players that kept letting him down. Of course the players also have a responsibility but ultimately the performance of the team rests on the shoulders of the manager and he has not been good enough. 

Who else was he supposed to pick?...there were all allegedly as bad as each other,and in the main they wernt his players were they?Which player in that period covered themselves in Glory?...Of the two camps niether will agree,Doesnt mean i dont respect your view,i just dont agree with you

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, parajack said:

Who else was he supposed to pick?...there were all allegedly as bad as each other,and in the main they wernt his players were they?Which player in that period covered themselves in Glory?...Of the two camps niether will agree,Doesnt mean i dont respect your view,i just dont agree with you

 

But they weren't all consistently bad in the first half of the season. Why did he stop being able to get a performance out of them or motivate them to do what they proved they were capable of?

 

The players and manager have not been good enough, no denying that but the responsibility is with the manager to get more out of them when it is in them. Our squad wasn't as good as the 3rd place he (and Bullen who got 9 points from 6 games) got them to but they should have been better than 23rd which is what they have been in 2020.

 

No point going over old ground as the stats aren't going to change until the new season starts and now that he has some new staff to work with it is obvious he isn't going anywhere so I hope he proves you right and wipes out our points deduction sharpish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:


I still laugh at the fact there are still people who think Garry Monk suddenly flicked a switch at Christmas and became a shocking manager

 

lol

 

 

I still laugh at people who start threads with "a factual reason to fully back Garry Monk to get us to safety", when said fact would actually result in us getting relegated.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, George said:

 

Doesn't quite trump the FACT that he has been ******** awful though does it?

The team was awful at times,the football too...Funny i didnt see him (Monk)run on the pitch,..I did see plenty of awful displays,silly mistakes from the Players...Seen players allegedly 'injured'..& go off after a couple of minutes.Seen others play like they havnt kicked a ball before,and ive seen those who have allegedly received  Millions in wages,unable to find it in themselves,(for the fans,for the Club) to sign on for Month,at a time when they have also been receiving full pay,during furlough.

 

Still  people on here moan we should have offered Hooper another contract(yeah right!)& 'Fessi'...(our bessi mate) & 'Hutch' & Westy ' of course,everyones bessi mates(thats why we give them the nicknames innit?)....

 

Why oh why can people not see the glaringly obvious?The issues at S^ probably started under Carlos time,Jos tried,& failed to address it,What did Bullen say when he left'allegedly 'There goes a good man'......Now Monk has come in,done a job,kept us in the Championship,& hopefully will do so again next Year,YES i said 'good job'.he has overseen the turn around of contracts,allowed Players he didnt want to leave,not offered contracts to some,& has started the dressing room rebuild.

It needed doing    Why cant people just accept that, & not scapegoat Monk? He isnt going,accept it,and move on....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

But they weren't all consistently bad in the first half of the season. Why did he stop being able to get a performance out of them or motivate them to do what they proved they were capable of?

 

The players and manager have not been good enough, no denying that but the responsibility is with the manager to get more out of them when it is in them. Our squad wasn't as good as the 3rd place he (and Bullen who got 9 points from 6 games) got them to but they should have been better than 23rd which is what they have been in 2020.

 

No point going over old ground as the stats aren't going to change until the new season starts and now that he has some new staff to work with it is obvious he isn't going anywhere so I hope he proves you right and wipes out our points deduction sharpish. 

Attitude,commitment,desire to want to battle for a place in the team,to feel pride in wearing the  shirt,having the bottle to still fight for every point,thats in my view what was missing in the second 23.And thats 4 square down to circumstances

 

Player injurys,especially Fletcher,a largely blank firing JR, & the alleged 'collapse of form' of other key players...all of this with COVID 19, and an EFL punishment as a backdrop,obviously left Monk with an impossible task.What ever i say you point to Monk,thats your view and i respect it,just dont agree.

 

Dressing room needed a new start,its got it,lets see where it goes...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Weston on the green ?

YEp up 800 4 men jumping.....& its along drop before that ****ing chute opens...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, parajack said:

 Monk has come in,done a job,kept us in the Championship

 

'Kept us in the championship'

 

We'd just had a good second half to the season before, only losing 4 of the last 24 matces.

 

We started ok this season under Bullen with 9 points from 6 games, 5 points off the top when Monk took over.

 

Do you think his remit from Mr C was to just keep us in the championship. I'm sure he expected us to be at least challenging for the play offs.

 

40 games and 47 points later we finished a poor 17th, with only 5 wins out of his 20 league games at Hillsborough.

 

Yeah 'good job' !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

'Kept us in the championship'

 

We'd just had a good second half to the season before, only losing 4 of the last 24 matces.

 

We started ok this season under Bullen with 9 points from 6 games, 5 points off the top when Monk took over.

 

Do you think his remit from Mr C was to just keep us in the championship. I'm sure he expected us to be at least challenging for the play offs.

 

40 games and 47 points later we finished a poor 17th, with only 5 wins out of his 20 league games at Hillsborough.

 

Yeah 'good job' !




You know when players/staff at the club said stuff like 'yeah can't put my finger on it really' and  'it's hard to say why we struggled in the second half' etc

They knew


They all knew why


Something kicked off at Christmas and it wasn't Monk's doing - that's for sure - although we'll probably have to wait for someone's book to come out in ten years time to know what it was

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...