Players You Ridiculed From The Stands Who Then Signed For Wednesday.

4 hours ago, bdmfournil said:

Remember thinking Rob Jones was the worst centre half I had ever seen when he had

an absolute nightmare for Scunthorpe at Hillsborough the season before he signed

for us.  I think they subbed him off before half time he was so bad. He might have been concussed

My daughters first game, 4-0 up at half time from memory! And yes Jones collided with the post

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Trond egil Soltdvedt

As a Norwegian, I always feel compelled to apologize for all Norwegians who've been at the club. It's the one and only respect I envy the Swedes lol

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

As a Norwegian, I always feel compelled to apologize for all Norwegians who've been at the club. It's the one and only respect I envy the Swedes lol

Soltvedt was good for us i thought 

11 hours ago, Pulsar said:

83/84 promotion season.

Outstanding game, electric atmosphere.

Miss those innocent uncorrupt days 

Think you are right with the date

Huge away following  some real big occasion games ..and the Green Un to read about em when ya got home

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

Someone must have hated Rhodes..

Yes when he scored late equaliser for Huddersfield against us to make it 4-4. 

5 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Not according to google and a QPR web site it points to. 

Its just something I remember hearing which surprised me, especially after Oldham. 

Ask anyone who went to Ecco Comp with him (me). Pig ALWAYS.

I wouldn't say i abused him but i could not stand Deon Burton when he was at Derby and then Brentford and didn't really rate him but when he signed for us he totally won me over 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I defer to your personal knowledge of the situation.

Strangely every time Stainrod or Oldham riot comes up in a topic its mentioned he's an Owl. Just trying to knock this on the head before we all take it for granted. 

Kudos to Stainrod, he was one of only two pigs at Ecco comp, he always wore his piggy shirt for PE and a pig scarf around school, despite the fact he got a shoeing now and again.

I bumped into him late 90's in Manchester, he was like a brick shithouse, glad I never was part of the shooeing !

Oh and by the way he married the best looking girl in school.

• Like 1
On 10/08/2020 at 21:41, Ever the pessimist said:

Not so much as he was rubbish, but I hated Clinton Morrison. Then we signed him.

Strangely I don’t mind him now, despite his time here being pretty poor.

Mate of mine can't stand him since he scored on his debut with virtually his first touch against us in injury time in what proved to be Big Ron's last game as manager. 

Often has a good word for us now though.

• Like 1

Every fan hates any opposition player.. however  good they are.. sign them.. you love em!!.. they sign for somone else after a year or two.. hate them again. (With the odd exception) 

On 11/08/2020 at 19:59, bradowl said:

Yes when he scored late equaliser for Huddersfield against us to make it 4-4. 

Lol, think I was more angry at our defending for that last goal...outpaced by Rhodes!

Graham Coughlen.... I didn’t actually ridicule him but he wasn’t my favourite person when he had our two centre forwards in his pocket at Home Park.

Never reached the same highs at Wednesday as , typically, injures got in the way. Virtually never missed a game at Argyle.