Players You Ridiculed From The Stands Who Then Signed For Wednesday.

1 minute ago, helmut_rooster said:

Just the link I needed to post this disaster of a player:

image.png.d3541b8413c4ae532d7f18ef3247c5c5.png

Loved hearing Anthony Gerrard tell the story about Bothroyd. 

On a pre season tour in Spain he was so wazzocked that he fell asleep in the sun on a car bonnet and was AWOL for training. The resulting sunburn distorted the tattoo he has of his kid, so it apparently ended up looking like Freddy Kruger. Incidentally none of the players discussing Bothroyd had anything nice to say about him as teammates. They all disliked him. 

• Haha 1

has to be FF

that game when he played for Watford against us and every time anyone came near him he fell over and threw his arms in the air for a free kick. the whole ground started throwing their arms up when he did it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Waddle when he played for Newcastle , think we won 4-2 in 85 got given plenty 

83/84 promotion season.

Outstanding game, electric atmosphere.

Miss those innocent uncorrupt days 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember as a kid giving Andy Pearce dogs abuse when he was playing for Coventry and nearly got into a fight with Hirsty.

2 seasons later Trevor Francis signed him, I think as Nigel Pearson’s replacement.

Big donkey!! Hirstys gonna do you! .......

to..... 

andy pearce gets the ball he scores a goal! Thought he was going to be a reyt beast for us.... didnt happen though

Remember thinking Rob Jones was the worst centre half I had ever seen when he had

an absolute nightmare for Scunthorpe at Hillsborough the season before he signed

for us.  I think they subbed him off before half time he was so bad. He might have been concussed

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

83/84 promotion season.

Outstanding game, electric atmosphere.

Miss those innocent uncorrupt days 

Think that was my favourite season, big clubs in the league then us, city  Chelsea and Newcastle felt like it was a mini league all year. Was just about the football and great away days.

• Like 1

I can remember playing Preston once and a guy was Giving Neil Mellor some dogs abuse about his shorts and other aspects of his physique and personality. He of course then scored and their centre mid (can't remember his name but he was a real two hat, bald fella) ran over and celebrated wildly right in front of the guy hurling abuse. Most of the fans nearby were actually laughing at him.  It was quite funny... apart from the goal of course.

Sometime prior to him joining us , Harper was playing at Hillsboro for Everton. he came over to the front of us in the South stand to pick the ball up from under the wall for a throw in . My brother shouted  "Harper your`e Bizarre "he looked strait at him and told him to "F*ook off". Several pensioners had to be revived with smelling salts and Werthers.🧐

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bdmfournil said:

Remember thinking Rob Jones was the worst centre half I had ever seen when he had

an absolute nightmare for Scunthorpe at Hillsborough the season before he signed

for us.  I think they subbed him off before half time he was so bad. He might have been concussed

My daughters first game, 4-0 up at half time from memory! And yes Jones collided with the post

• Like 1