Venancio?

Guest hirstysfags

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure about this scenario, but Wolves have a similar arrangement with an agent, and that works fine

I think its probably the fact that ours clearly doesn't work fine that is the issue. 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Get over the fact we have a 12 point deduction because our transfer and contracts consultancy has led us down this path?

Yeah right, if you say so. There's only one decision-maker. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yeah right, if you say so. There's only one decision-maker. 

What does he need to employ a consultant for then?

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What does he need to employ a consultant for then?

To keep things ticking over whilst he's out of the country, probably. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Surely it was either or when it came to Venancio and Dunkley

Someone said in the Dunkley thread, that it depends on what formation we are going with. If we are going with 352 then we need 5 cb,s. Personally I'd sell Lees if we can. I think he needs a change of club. 

I'd take Venancio over Lees at the moment. We need a leader at the back, someone who can talk and guide players through games. Like Loovens was with Lees. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Get over the fact we have a 12 point deduction because our transfer and contracts consultancy has led us down this path?

well its not. The accounts year on year would indicate that something needed to change. A chairman should be able to recognise this.

10 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

So Dunkley signing makes it 5 senior CBs in our squad at present.

I can't see Venancio signing now.  Which is a real shame as he's quality; would've been a real game-changer that.  Gutted if I'm honest.

Chansiri has stated in an interview that the club seek a minimum of 2 players for every position. If we are going 3-5-2 then we'd still need another centre back, unless there's more faith than I anticipate in someone like Urhoghide. Having just 5 would mean that only one injury would leave us with only a single reserve and exposing ourselves to potentially having to use Palmer or Odubajo, which is not a good alternative and also reduces the options on the right.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Chansiri has stated in an interview that the club seek a minimum of 2 players for every position. If we are going 3-5-2 then we'd still need another centre back, unless there's more faith than I anticipate in someone like Urhoghide. Having just 5 would mean that only one injury would leave us with only a single reserve and exposing ourselves to potentially having to use Palmer or Odubajo, which is not a good alternative and also reduces the options on the right.

Agree that two for every position is a good yardstick, but maybe not when four of them are pushing 30. 
I’d be looking to move one of them out, perhaps Lees, as he seems I’ll suited to playing in a three, and either use Urhoghide, or bring in a younger man

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

well its not. The accounts year on year would indicate that something needed to change. A chairman should be able to recognise this.

Doubtless the responsibility lies with the owner, maybe he should seek better advice though.