Atdhe Nuhiu

1 minute ago, Carbone said:

I think if you asked those managers, some who have managed in the Premier League, Europa League, coached in the Prem, they would all tell you he was a good option to have off the bench, otherwise they wouldn’t have continued to use it.

Andrew6666 knows more than all those managers put together though right?

When you say sentiment, you’re completely ignoring the point made about the havoc he caused tired defenders when he came on, that’s not sentiment, it’s a factual observation of what he did when he came on.

Garry Monk doesn’t want him.

Just now, Carbone said:

I think if you asked those managers, some who have managed in the Premier League, Europa League, coached in the Prem, they would all tell you he was a good option to have off the bench, otherwise they wouldn’t have continued to use it.

Andrew6666 knows more than all those managers put together though right?

When you say sentiment, you’re completely ignoring the point made about the havoc he caused tired defenders when he came on, that’s not sentiment, it’s a factual observation of what he did when he came on.

I think he causes our defence more havoc, by giving away free kicks which then puts pressure on our back line as the opposition pumps the ball forward. Too many on here like him because he said 'nice' things about the club.

How many of those managers used him because they had no other option, tired starting strikers and the only other options are Nuhiu, Winnall or Rhodes? (I would have put Nuhiu at the back of that queue, even though the other 2 were so low in confidence. Nothing ruins confidence like being behind Nuhiu in the pecking order).

Like I've also stated in another post, all our strikers have been poor in recent years.

I've never said I know more than anyone, its just my opinion that people seem to take offence at, maybe deep down they know I'm right 😉

Lets see where he ends up, if he does'nt come back to us?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Not craving anything, just stopping you rewriting history after embarrassing yourself.

So you're seriously suggesting that at some point in time I rated Nuhiu as good as Bergkamp?

You're so confused in desire and envy for me that it's really affecting your judgement. Go and have a cold shower and look at a picture of Iain Dowie.

:laugh:

14 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I think he causes our defence more havoc, by giving away free kicks which then puts pressure on our back line as the opposition pumps the ball forward. Too many on here like him because he said 'nice' things about the club.

How many of those managers used him because they had no other option, tired starting strikers and the only other options are Nuhiu, Winnall or Rhodes? (I would have put Nuhiu at the back of that queue, even though the other 2 were so low in confidence. Nothing ruins confidence like being behind Nuhiu in the pecking order).

Like I've also stated in another post, all our strikers have been poor in recent years.

I've never said I know more than anyone, its just my opinion that people seem to take offence at, maybe deep down they know I'm right 😉

Lets see where he ends up, if he does'nt come back to us?

I’m not offended by your opinion, I just strongly disagree as you just don’t seem to want to acknowledge he’s a threat to the opposition’s defence when he comes on, something which I think all our managers and coaches would agree on.

It won’t matter where he ends up. Even if Boro signed him and get promoted with him coming off the bench, it’s not going to change your opinion of him.

Edited by Carbone
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So you're seriously suggesting that at some point in time I rated Nuhiu as good as Bergkamp?

You're so confused in desire and envy for me that it's really affecting your judgement. Go and have a cold shower and look at a picture of Iain Dowie.

:laugh:

You’re fooling nobody. Your love for Nuhiu is well known. You were so confused in your desire to defend him that you seriously compared him to Bergkamp.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

You’re fooling nobody. Your love for Nuhiu is well known. You were so confused in your desire to defend him that you seriously compared him to Bergkamp.

So not agreeing with the notion that Nuhiu is just sh*t must mean you love him?

I think you’ll find it’s you and Drew that are just haters ;-)

8 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I’m not offended by your opinion, I just strongly disagree as you just don’t seem to want to acknowledge he’s a threat to the opposition’s defence when he comes on, something which I think all our managers and coaches would agree on.

It won’t matter where he ends up. Even if Boro signed him and get promoted with him coming off the bench, it’s not going to change your opinion of him.

We've served our time with him (and others) and got nowhere, we need a fresh approach, with new ideas. We can't keep going back to plan A that keeps us stagnant. 

Strikers are judged on goals or creativity, he brings little of either (as others also, that we have rid ourselves of). Whygo back to what we know doesnt work?

I live in the Teesside area and I would LOVE Boro to sign him - I would have a field day after every game. Don't forget Colin is the master at signing awful strikers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

We've served our time with him (and others) and got nowhere, we need a fresh approach, with new ideas. We can't keep going back to plan A that keeps us stagnant. 

Strikers are judged on goals or creativity, he brings little of either (as others also, that we have rid ourselves of). Whygo back to what we know doesnt work?

I live in the Teesside area and I would LOVE Boro to sign him - I would have a field day after every game. Don't forget Colin is the master at signing awful strikers.

It must be a hard life as a full time internet troll...any tips ?

• Like 1

On 10/08/2020 at 12:15, mcmigo said:

Not sure I could cope with the big man pulling on the shirt of an opponent in the Championship.

Nor the prospect of Joost Van Aken defending against him as a last minute free kick is swung into our box...

None of them would win the ball and it would go out of play! Both are poo !

• Like 3

Nuhiu spent 7 years at the club and never learned how not to foul opposition defenders every time ball gets aimed in his direction and adapted. And gosh, how many times a game he gets called offside, not because he tried to play off the shoulder of last defender, but because of sheer laziness. He stops almost as many of our attacks as opposition does.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Carbone said:

When Nuhiu is brought on near the end of a game, he creates havoc and is a nightmare for defenders

Once or twice a season at best.....more often than not he just gives the opposition easy possession by giving away cheap free kicks 

• Like 2