Atdhe Nuhiu

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

You do realise the whole Bergkamp thing is a long running piss-take (mainly for Ian's benefit) to demonstrate how easy it is to show what slavishly quoting numbers is worth, right?

Half of Nuhiu's appearances were from the bench, unlike Hooper, Fletcher and Forestieri who managed a whole 1 or 2 goals more than him per season on average. His record was much the same as Joao's and better than our club record signing who's total Owls output he managed to match in just 4 months. So again, why do people employ a standard for Nuhiu that they exempt others of? 

😆 Sorry I didn't realise the Bergkamp thing.

The others offer more - but like I've said I don't think any are particularly that good. I would say Fletcher was the best for his all round play (my neighbour is a big Sunderland fan, his comments on us signing him at the time were - "big money, injured all the time" - Nuhiu doesn't have any all round play. I personally see nothing to his game other than him being big, to be used as a target man (which he isn't very good at). If he were a foot shorter, would he be a professional footballer - I very much doubt it, as his game is that limited.

5 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

The others offer more - but like I've said I don't think any are particularly that good. I would say Fletcher was the best for his all round play (my neighbour is a big Sunderland fan, his comments on us signing him at the time were - "big money, injured all the time" - Nuhiu doesn't have any all round play. I personally see nothing to his game other than him being big, to be used as a target man (which he isn't very good at). If he were a foot shorter, would he be a professional footballer - I very much doubt it, as his game is that limited.

He is far better than he gets credit for.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

How many Wednesday games have you been to in the last few years? I find it hard to believe reading your posts that you’ve been to many, or if you have you’ve blinded yourself of Nuhiu. Or are you one of those that leaves at 75 minutes every game no matter the score? lol

When Nuhiu is brought on near the end of a game, he creates havoc and is a nightmare for defenders, and I think he’s technically a much better footballer than what you’re making out. He creates chances for us and runs past defenders.

By all means he’s never been good enough to be a starter for us, but bringing him on for the last 20 minutes when defenders are tiring, we will miss that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

How many Wednesday games have you been to in the last few years? I find it hard to believe reading your posts that you’ve been to many, or if you have you’ve blinded yourself of Nuhiu. Or are you one of those that leaves at 75 minutes every game no matter the score? lol

When Nuhiu is brought on near the end of a game, he creates havoc and is a nightmare for defenders, and I think he’s technically a much better footballer than what you’re making out. He creates chances for us and runs past defenders.

By all means he’s never been good enough to be a starter for us, but bringing him on for the last 20 minutes when defenders are tiring, we will miss that.

Enough games to see how dire Nuhiu is. The sad fact is when he signed I thought, big guy up front, this is a good move, his performances quickly changed my mind. I disagree that he will be missed and could say your blinded by sentiment. Let's see where he ends up if he leaves us. IMO I would rather have a goal threat coming on with 10 minutes left who will actually 'run' at tired defenders.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Carbone said:

The opposition defenders will as the amount of free kicks he gives away allows them a break and another chance to time waste

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

No need to apologise as he was deadly serious when he first posted it. Only for everyone to rip the p1ss. He then backtracked very quickly 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

No need to apologise as he was deadly serious when he first posted it. Only for everyone to rip the p1ss. He then backtracked very quickly 

Still desperately craving my attention?

Want a signed picture of my ass cheeks?

Edited by DJMortimer

Enough games to see how dire Nuhiu is. The sad fact is when he signed I thought, big guy up front, this is a good move, his performances quickly changed my mind. I disagree that he will be missed and could say your blinded by sentiment. Let's see where he ends up if he leaves us. IMO I would rather have a goal threat coming on with 10 minutes left who will actually 'run' at tired defenders.

So you’re right and every manager we’ve had since 2013 is wrong, fair enough. 

I’m not the one who is blinded when I am explaining the threat he brought us from the bench, you are if you don’t acknowledge it.

I am looking forward to having said forward on the bench who is both a fast runner and a goal thread - a modern day Ian Wright perhaps, or maybe Gabriel Jesus who I know has always craved sitting on the Sheffield wednesday bench ready to come on against Wycombe.

11 minutes ago, Carbone said:

So you’re right and every manager we’ve had since 2013 is wrong, fair enough. 

I’m not the one who is blinded when I am explaining the threat he brought us from the bench, you are if you don’t acknowledge it.

How much success have those managers had using this tactic?

Maybe I see success as rated higher than sentiment.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
18 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Top half or bottom half?

We are aiming for Play-Offs!

Thought Nuhiu very good squad member, and good entertainment, but seems to be time to move on...

Could he take **** with him! 

18 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Another who doesn’t get sarcasm.. I’M MOCKING THE MORONS

A lesson in sarcasm, for ya!

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Quite right. 

I posted at the time, he should have been shown the door the day he refused to travel to Norwich (I think). 

And we would have pocketed 8m, instead of nowt.

Just now, mrbluesky said:

And we would have pocketed 8m, instead of nowt.

TBH I would have taken a lot less to get him out based on principal. He disrespected the club, the management, his team mates, and the fans that day. You don't bite the hand that feeds!!!

Thinking we could have got £8m now makes me want to cry.

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

How much success have those managers had using this tactic?

Maybe I see success as rated higher than sentiment.

I think if you asked those managers, some who have managed in the Premier League, Europa League, coached in the Prem, they would all tell you he was a good option to have off the bench, otherwise they wouldn’t have continued to use it.

Andrew6666 knows more than all those managers put together though right?

When you say sentiment, you’re completely ignoring the point made about the havoc he caused tired defenders when he came on, that’s not sentiment, it’s a factual observation of what he did when he came on.

• Haha 2