Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Another who doesn’t get sarcasm.. I’M MOCKING THE MORONS

The sarcasm can't be that good if you have to explain it

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gizowl said:

Atdhe is a good squad member and a player most championship teams would have on their subs bench and as yet as desperate as we are for strikers we haven't managed to sign one yet, so before you start putting the boot in lets see who we sign. Just incase you have forgotten the splash the cash days are gone, we couldn't keep hold of Fletcher or Fox FFS. 

So you are saying let's retain a terrible striker because the better option left, calm down with that ambition. The club is going backwards with a total lack of ambition if we resign him, better lower league freebies. If Monk signed a striker with a record like Nuhiu's there would be a meltdown on here, 50 goals in 7 years from a striker "FFS"

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Another who doesn’t get sarcasm.. I’M MOCKING THE MORONS

Thats like when you have to explain the punch line to a gag..well done you😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Top half or bottom half?

We are aiming for Play-Offs!

Thought Nuhiu very good squad member, and good entertainment, but seems to be time to move on...

Could he take **** with him! 

I'm honestly not sure.

 

I could see top half ones seeing him as a cheap option to try and change the game and bottom half teams playing him a bit more.

 

I can't see us getting anywhere near the play-offs. I might be being a bit pessimistic but I see more of a relegation battle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gizowl said:

Save your breath mate some on here think we'll be signing Aguero, Vardy and Aubameyang plus Lacazette for the subs bench. 

Wrong - we just don't want Ee Aww back

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Another who doesn’t get sarcasm.. I’M MOCKING THE MORONS

you must be part of the intelligensia on here 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He won't celebrate if he scores against us. 

 

9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He won't celebrate if he scores against us. 

That’s true 

 

a) because he won’t be playing at our standard 

 

b) because if he did then we’d have to be very unlucky to be on the end of one of his 7 goals a season

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

 

I mentioned it in the article mate. He would've stayed. Loves the club, the city and the fans. Just seems like it was time to part ways.

So what doesn’t he love. All the players that have left say the same thing. Great club fans city etc. No one mentions the manager. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Plonk said:

So what doesn’t he love. All the players that have left say the same thing. Great club fans city etc. No one mentions the manager. 

 

Murphy credits Monk with helping him rediscover his form.

 

“I have been working on aggression, getting my confidence back, these are things I have really been working on this season. Credit to Garry Monk, he has changed my mentality, he has helped me a lot."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

If Monk signed a striker with a record like Nuhiu's there would be a meltdown on here, 50 goals in 7 years from a striker "FFS"

 

Oh great; another chance to do my famous comparison with Dennis Bergkamp. You should look up his last 7 seasons with Arsenal which goals wise looks very much like Nuhiu's here, but starting games much more often. Maybe they should have been having a 'meltdown' for such a poor record and not voting him their second best ever player?

 

Judging forwards by looking at the numbers on a page is something fans really should grow out of before they leave school. Over reliance on them can end up tying you in endless knots of inconsistency and contradiction.

 

I'm still bemused as to why it is some people single Nuhiu out so aggressively using standards they don't apply to anyone else. Much of his time here he has been a squad rotation option, sometimes even being 5th or 6th choice. Not exactly conducive with getting the much vaunted 20 per season is it? Between them, none ever scored more than 15 in a single campaign. For example, average goals per season at Wednesday...

 

Fletcher 9.5

Forestieri 8.0

Hooper 7.8

Joao 7.3

Nuhiu 7.1

Rhodes 4.3

Matias 2.8

Winnall 2.0

 

Hardly stands out here as uniquely unproductive does he? Yet he's had more criticism than the rest combined.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Oh great; another chance to do my famous comparison with Dennis Bergkamp. You should look up his last 7 seasons with Arsenal which goals wise looks very much like Nuhiu's here, but starting games much more often. Maybe they should have been having a 'meltdown' for such a poor record and not voting him their second best ever player?

 

Judging forwards by looking at the numbers on a page is something fans really should grow out of before they leave school. Over reliance on them can end up tying you in endless knots of inconsistency and contradiction.

 

I'm still bemused as to why it is some people single Nuhiu out so aggressively using standards they don't apply to anyone else. Much of his time here he has been a squad rotation option, sometimes even being 5th or 6th choice. Not exactly conducive with getting the much vaunted 20 per season is it? Between them, none ever scored more than 15 in a single campaign. For example, average goals per season at Wednesday...

 

Fletcher 9.5

Forestieri 8.0

Hooper 7.8

Joao 7.3

Nuhiu 7.1

Rhodes 4.3

Matias 2.8

Winnall 2.0

 

Hardly stands out here as uniquely unproductive does he? Yet he's had more criticism than the rest combined.

Comparing Nuhiu and Bergkamp 😆 I've heard it all now. I know my post stated goals scored which you have picked up on, but as you like facts and have widened the scope to include a guy that was an intelligent creator of goals foot teammates, could you answer the widened questions that I've asked?

 

How many goals was Bergkamp prevalent in creating compared to Nuhiu?

Arsenal fans didn't have a melt down because Bergkamp was used to create, how many goals has Nuhiu created for others?

Why was Bergkamp picked to play from the start in the majority of Arsenal games by 'top' managers, yet Nuhiu doesn't start in a far weakened team picked by average managers?

How many of Nuhiu's goals have come from the penalty spot, not created by him, he just had a free shot at goal?

How many goals have we conceded towards the end of the game when Nuhiu is brought on to hold up the play in the opposition half?

How many needless freekicks does the bumbling fool give away when he comes on in the final 10 minutes?

 

You seem to think that I think we have had great strikers at the club 'other' than Nuhiu, which is incorrect - they have all been dire with awful records. The last decent striker we had was in the Hirst, Bright, Warhurst, Watson, era possibly the Maclean era but that was in a lower league.

Of the scoring figures you have stated, he is 5th best, above a Portuguese guy that was injured for almost 2.5 years, and a guy that was a rash buy that spent the majority of his time on loan elsewhere. You've basically answered your own question, he is the 5th worst striker at the club, from a bunch of non-prolific strikers - that's not that good is it, or do you think it is?

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Comparing Nuhiu and Bergkamp 😆 I've heard it all now. I know my post stated goals scored which you have picked up on, but as you like facts and have widened the scope to include a guy that was an intelligent creator of goals foot teammates, could you answer the widened questions that I've asked?

 

How many goals was Bergkamp prevalent in creating compared to Nuhiu?

Arsenal fans didn't have a melt down because Bergkamp was used to create, how many goals has Nuhiu created for others?

Why was Bergkamp picked to play from the start in the majority of Arsenal games by 'top' managers, yet Nuhiu doesn't start in a far weakened team picked by average managers?

How many of Nuhiu's goals have come from the penalty spot, not created by him, he just had a free shot at goal?

How many goals have we conceded towards the end of the game when Nuhiu is brought on to hold up the play in the opposition half?

How many needless freekicks does the bumbling fool give away when he comes on in the final 10 minutes?

 

You seem to think that I think we have had great strikers at the club 'other' than Nuhiu, which is incorrect - they have all been dire with awful records. The last decent striker we had was in the Hirst, Bright, Warhurst, Watson, era possibly the Maclean era but that was in a lower league.

Of the scoring figures you have stated, he is 5th best, above a Portuguese guy that was injured for almost 2.5 years, and a guy that was a rash buy that spent the majority of his time on loan elsewhere. You've basically answered your own question, he is the 5th worst striker at the club, from a bunch of non-prolific strikers - that's not that good is it, or do you think it is?

 

 

You do realise the whole Bergkamp thing is a long running piss-take (mainly for Ian's benefit) to demonstrate how easy it is to show what slavishly quoting numbers is worth, right?

 

Half of Nuhiu's appearances were from the bench, unlike Hooper, Fletcher and Forestieri who managed a whole 1 or 2 goals more than him per season on average. His record was much the same as Joao's and better than our club record signing who's total Owls output he managed to match in just 4 months. So again, why do people employ a standard for Nuhiu that they exempt others of? 

 

 

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are serious about signing Dykes from Livi then I don’t think he will be staying. They are quite similar players.
 

As has been said by many other people I don’t think the club will be able to sign someone similar for free. Nuhiu has plenty of experience in this league and whilst he’s not a top striker at this level he is a good squad player. Model professional too and I’m sure he is aware of his limitations. He has received quite a lot of unfair stick IMO. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...