Atdhe Nuhiu

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

I’d be very surprised if he ends up at a Championship club, unless somebody like Wycombe come in for him as Akinfenwa’s replacement. Nuhiu is very much the emperor’s new clothes style of footballer. Naked of talent but some fans don’t see it. 

Karanka has just taken over at Birmingham, I'd bet good money he's had a look. 

Raved about Adthe for years when he was at Boro and Forest and rightly so, he'd suit his style of play and he's a massive handful for anybody,  on what I would imagine are reasonable wages, he'd still be a useful signing for a lot of clubs at this level

13 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

To be fair that's a view from someone who doesn't rate him. Others see it differently.

Not really - from his perspective, why would you come back if other offers were there. Also, knowing you will not be a starter and could play second or third fiddle to potential incomings brought in by the current manager. For his sake, I hope he does go elsewhere because would being a bench warmer satisfy him?

Guest gizowl
57 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Whether you like Nuhiu or not - I think re-signing a player that had decided to move on shows lack of ambition from the club and the player. The club needs better, and why would a player resign for a club where he knows he isn't a starter and would only get a 10 minute cameo.

Atdhe is a good squad member and a player most championship teams would have on their subs bench and as yet as desperate as we are for strikers we haven't managed to sign one yet, so before you start putting the boot in lets see who we sign. Just incase you have forgotten the splash the cash days are gone, we couldn't keep hold of Fletcher or Fox FFS. 

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Atdhe is a good squad member and a player most championship teams would have on their subs bench and as yet as desperate as we are for strikers we haven't managed to sign one yet, so before you start putting the boot in lets see who we sign. Just incase you have forgotten the splash the cash days are gone, we couldn't keep hold of Fletcher or Fox FFS. 

Not many Championship clubs could to be honest.

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'd have definitely kept him as a squad player / impact sub, we're not going to find an equivalent player for nothing. But it seems that another Championship club will...

Maybe we wanted to and its him that's not happy with that role and wants to be starting most games. 

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

So by my count that leaves us with 1 senior striker and just a month until the season starts.

We need another 3 between now and then and I can’t see a 12 point deduction helping persuade players to join the club.

What a mess.

I’m sure **** would move Rhodes on if he could but I fear he’s stuck with him and whether he or we like it or not our season might depend on getting the best out of him once and for all?

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
23 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Not many Championship clubs could to be honest.

Well Fox has just signed for one that finished below us. 

3 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

I’d be very surprised if he ends up at a Championship club, unless somebody like Wycombe come in for him as Akinfenwa’s replacement. Nuhiu is very much the emperor’s new clothes style of footballer. Naked of talent but some fans don’t see it. 

You don't understand football if you can't see Nuhiu's effectiveness. Brilliant player to bring on near the end of a game when defenders are knackered.

He won't be a starter for anyone near the top of the league, but I guarantee a number of clubs hoping to get promoted would be happy to have him as an option from the bench like we did.

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
8 minutes ago, Carbone said:

You don't understand football if you can't see Nuhiu's effectiveness. Brilliant player to bring on near the end of a game when defenders are knackered.

He won't be a starter for anyone near the top of the league, but I guarantee a number of clubs hoping to get promoted would be happy to have him as an option from the bench like we did.

Save your breath mate some on here think we'll be signing Aguero, Vardy and Aubameyang plus Lacazette for the subs bench. 

Edited by gizowl

20 minutes ago, markg said:

Disagree with people saying he wouldnt get another championship club. 

I think half the championship would be happy to take him on a free and have him as a different type of option 

Top half or bottom half?

We are aiming for Play-Offs!

Thought Nuhiu very good squad member, and good entertainment, but seems to be time to move on...

Could he take **** with him! 

I've not really known a player where so many of our fans don't just not rate him, but spend hours, and days just trying to pour as much hate and negative vibes out about the guy

lol

One of our own players

Whacky that when you think about it

Not just saying 'Nah he's not for me. I think he's rubbish' but jumping into every single conversation and just dribbling mad hate out about him ha ha

Crazy Crazy people

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'd have definitely kept him as a squad player / impact sub, we're not going to find an equivalent player for nothing. But it seems that another Championship club will...

Hope DC has assessed and can afford the shopping list of players we need to bring in. Not got an issue with him going but can see us starting the season with a minute squad and then getting bummed for overly expensive players and loans. We never learn do we!