Atdhe Nuhiu

17 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’d be very surprised if he ends up at a Championship club, unless somebody like Wycombe come in for him as Akinfenwa’s replacement. Nuhiu is very much the emperor’s new clothes style of footballer. Naked of talent but some fans don’t see it. 

In his time here we have had 6 permanent managers and 2 sets of caretakers. For three years, we had a ridiculous 7/8 experienced forwards at the club. Despite all of that he averaged a fraction short of 40 appearances per season and was top scorer twice. Not bad going for someone supposedly so utterly hopeless.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

‘Clubs in the championship and overseas showing interest’ BuT NoOnE eLsE wOuLd EvEr WaNt ThE dOnKeY

I bet you wish you had his career, Good luck to him. Would love to see you calling him a donkey to his face

Edited by MallorcaOwl
adding content
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let’s see who we bring in to replace him. One first team striker left at the club and pre season begins next week. Pull your bloody finger out Wednesday! 

Even worse, the OP said our pre-season starts later this week...

2 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

I mentioned it in the article mate. He would've stayed. Loves the club, the city and the fans. Just seems like it was time to part ways.

In your experience do you find talking to the club difficult Joe ?

I mean I know communication is poor from the club and I am not like some expecting them to reveal targets or transfers options coz that’s not the done thing. Just would have thought as him and Lee we’re out of contract at the end of the season, for clarity the club could have either thanked them for there contributions or said we’re talking to them about extending. 

What tends to happen at the majority of clubs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Do you know whether that's his choice or the club's?

If we've decided to go in another direction, then that could be quite encouraging, although I'd be happy to have kept Nuhiu in the squad.

If it's his decision to leave despite the club wanting him, then I'd be a little worried about what that suggests about our ability to attract players this summer.

Depends what that other direction is of course.

North - fast, young, healthy, hungry.

South - ageing, journeyman, rarely-scoring carp

Who were we linked with from Derby? Scores about 4 times a season?  Mason Bennett I recall. Due South.

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Someone on here said he’s going to Belgium or Holland because his partner is from one of those countries. Wonder if that is still the case. 

Probably, unless she's grassed on the mafia, gone on witness protection and has been given a new identity and history. 

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Depends what that other direction is of course.

North - fast, young, healthy, hungry.

South - ageing, journeyman, rarely-scoring carp

Who were we linked with from Derby? Scores about 4 times a season?  Mason Bennett I recall. Due South.

It very much depends on who the replacement is. Hopefully we're trying to sign players to fit a particular style of play (crazy idea, I know), and Atdhe doesn't fit into that. That may be wishful thinking, but I'm clinging to that hope for now.

The Bennett link has completely passed me by until now. I remember him being a highly rated youngster, but his career seems to have been very stop/start up to now due to injury. The Derby fans I know actually quite like him and say his pace and power has been underused under Cocu.

He's the kind of payer I could see working well in the right system, and at 24 he's still got time to come good. It seems like he gets injured a fair bit, though.

File him under: 'hmmmmmm....' for now.

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Not sure I could cope with the big man pulling on the shirt of an opponent in the Championship.

Nor the prospect of Joost Van Aken defending against him as a last minute free kick is swung into our box...

If its in the air we would be fine lol 6 ft 6" but 5ft 2 when he jumped.

Whether you like Nuhiu or not - I think re-signing a player that had decided to move on shows lack of ambition from the club and the player. The club needs better, and why would a player resign for a club where he knows he isn't a starter and would only get a 10 minute cameo.